Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App is skipping/pausing randomly when playing on Bluetooth device.

App is skipping/pausing randomly when playing on Bluetooth device.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone8 plus 

Operating System

iOS 12.0

My Question or Issue

Music is skipping when playing on all Bluetooth devices. I've tried everything in the common issues thread, including a full factory reset of my phone, nothing seems to work. It does this with downloaded songs and streaming. I've tested all my other devices with other streaming Apps like SoundCloud, YouTube, and Apple Music and no others have presented the same problem. When I stream from my laptop to Bluetooth there is also no issue. It's got to be the app. Please help 😞

Sidenote: I did upgrade to the ios12 beta, but it was doing this before with the latest ios11 public release. So I don't think that's the issue

7 Replies

Hey @Twixepixel.

Thanks for getting in touch, and sorry for the delayed response!

How's it going? Are you still experiencing this issue?

If so, I know you mentioned that you performed a few troubleshooting steps already, but just to make sure, could you try a quick clean reinstallation? You can read how to do this here.

Could you please send over the following if it's still not working:

1. OS version
  2. Spotify version

Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂

Take care,

P

Yes I have done this recently. I also tried making sure all equalization was off in both devices, and turning off crisplay abd hapless playback settings. It's getting worse and worse

Hey @Twixepixel,

Does this happen if you queue something, or just play from a playlist? Try both and let us know what happens.

If you an provide us with a video of the behaviour you're describing, that'd be great too. 

Lastly, let us know your Spotify version.

Thanks! 🙂 

It is random on queued songs as well as playlists or playing straight from my downloaded library. I did a a screen capture, but nothing happens in the app at all, on the control screen or while looking through other items. I'm not sure what else to try.

Hey @Twixepixel.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Before we can continue troubleshooting, could you please send over the following:

1. OS version
  2. Spotify version

Thanks in advance,

P

Yes. I did this in the original post. iOS version is 12.0 Spotify version is 8.4.71.578

Hey @Twixepixel.

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd like to ask you if you could have a friend or family member log in on your device to see if the same thing happens with their account.

Please let us know what the result is and we'll look further into this.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts