Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App issues on iPhone X

Solved!

App issues on iPhone X

It seems there is an issue with the compatibility of Spotify and the IPhone X.

I love Spotify but have noticed that occasionally while I’m in the app, the bottom tab that lets you choose “home”, “browse”, “search”, or “your library”  goes missing and is covered up by the tab that shows the current song playing. I end up having to close the app completely and then refresh t to regain that tab.

please fix this and make the app more friendly to the X. There are black spaces at the top and bottom of the device that show Spotify has not optimized their app for this.

Image.png
32 Replies

Hasnt worked for me. I uninstalled the app and still no luck

Marked as solution

I'm going to wait until the end of this month. If they don't optimize the layout and fix bugs by then, I'll have to cancel my membership and move to Apple music. I realize things take time but given the size of the company and the rate at which other apps are receiving updates, I hope for an update soon.

couldn't agree more (Y)

Marked as solution

Ive already started my 90 day free trial (Yes 3 months free!) for Apple music i may be sticking with them from now on being the cost is exactly the same and may even have more music than Spotify anyway. At least i know the compatibility and updates will be there and Apple at least acknowledges and attempts to fux its bug

F5789D00-4F38-43C7-B7D1-18BF50BB149E.png

Same here its been doing this on every version of ios and every iPhone. Another ongoing problem spotify seems to ignore 

This is not a solution. As i stated previously, I have and always had the latest updates from Spotify.  The screen cropping for iPhone X is still in iPhone 5S size and the other issues as to going mute after phone calls and having to always restart Spotify if interrupted by anything with audio has not ever been addressed in any update to date. 11/14/2017

Im with you!

This is confirmed fixed with version 8.4.28 I have test flight and see it’s no more black bars!!

8.4.28 where? This version doesnt exist on iOS

Is this a beta? How do we get the “test flight” you speak of?

Mee too, my main issue is in Bluetooth mode, it stops sync within minute of playing a song, goes mute or de-syncs.  I'm going to  try reinstalling the app and or probably resetting iPhone to factory but with all the complaints here I feel this won't solve my problem.

Marked as solution

After chatting with support, this is my fix: log out and log back in ( if you haven’t reboot your device in a while, do that first). I can’t believe that worked but I’m glad I didn’t have to reset my iPhone to factory, that’s a pain in the **bleep**. Anywho cheers! 🙂 Musica is Lyfe!!!!!!! 

I tried everything they asked. I uninstalled and installed. Signed into a test account given to me an nothing worked

Suggested posts