Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 14.1

My Question or Issue

My app has been crashing after 5-6 uses and I’m constantly deleting and reinstalling it at LEAST once a day. This has been happening with the last update before iOS 14 and still with iOS 14.1 Updated to the recent app update and deleted my widgets off my phone too and it hasn’t changed a thing. My phone is only a few months old so it’s fairly new. It’s the only app I’ve been having a problem with.

11 Replies

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Japan

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 14

So i've been looking through threads on here for months now seeing if there's any fix to crazy battery drain and spotify app crashing. Spotify won't stay open longer than an average of 20 minutes of playing music before it starts heating up the phone hot to the touch. This has been happening for months and have found no fix whatsoever, i've even uninstalled and clean reinstalled it multiple times like the bots on the forums say to but never helps, just the same copy pasted trash. Keep in mind I don't try to multitask when listening to music so it's not other apps using more memory at the same time. I also see other people speaking about how they can barely open the app and it crashes on the log in screen but that's not the issue here.

Hello, everyone!

So, my app is shutting down by itself.

It has started doing so today and I have deleted and reinstalled it multiple times.

I noticed that it starts shutting down after downloading all of my songs. Works fine until that’s finished, but then I can’t use it anymore.
Help? Thanks.

It's an IPhone XR, iOS 14.0.1, app version 8.5.81.

When trying to add a song to playlist, if you scroll too quickly, the app crashes. Every time. If you have more than 30 playlists, try it for yourself. This was an issue on the last update was as well and hasn’t been fixed. Should be a layup fix right?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(IPHONE XS)

Operating System

(iOS 14.1)

My Question or Issue

Hey @caiohp, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps? It's not the same as a simple clean reinstall since this one is more thorough and makes sure the app is clean and fresh when it gets reinstalled back on to your device.

Once you have the app back installed - use the app for 24 hours without downloading any songs to see if the same issue occurs. 

Keep me posted!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @SwishTurner

Thanks for posting on the Community about this.

Make sure you run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone. This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

If you see no difference after the clean reinstall, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. We recommend this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Since I've downloaded IOS14, my app keeps crashing while I'm playing music. I've followed directions to reinstall the app, and it still doesn't work. I've noticed it only happens when the Spotify app is moved to my app library on IOS14, but I'm not sure why it happens. My other music apps work fine, only Spotify is having issues. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi!

For me everything works fine (iOS 14.1).

Try to delete the app, remove all its data from iCloud (turn off iCloud backup for the app) and reinstall again.

If nothing works and this is crucial for You, I’d recommend to reinstall the operating system - there are some known problems with updating to the latest iOS and Apple itself recommends to completely reinstall in order to avoid them.

Hey @genrivera17,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Can you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual reinstall.  

If you have any battery optimization or power saving apps, we'd suggest you deactivate them for Spotify. Then you can restart the phone.

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Mihail Moderator

My app also crashes randomly in the middle of a song. Didnt start happening until recently.

I have premium, and also find that my downloaded playlists will randomly "undownload", meaning i cannot listen to them without wifi. it happens out of nowhere while im out, so i have to wait until i get back to wifi to redownlod it.

Again, this all started recently, about a month or so ago.

It's very irritating. I've tried all the recommended solutions like restart, log out, etc.

Hi @Chantal251098

Welcome to the Community 🙂 Thanks for reaching out about this.

First up, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall. This can be helpful for clearing any cache that might be causing issues with the app and your downloads, and will ensure that you're running the latest version. 

You can also take a look at this article for a few tips on what to keep in mind if your downloads randomly disappear.

If you still have trouble we'll need to know your exact OS and Spotify versions to be able to look further into this.

Let us know how it goes.

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts