Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App on MACBook Air doesn't recognise my Premium Spotify account on iPhone 6 Plus?

Solved!

App on MACBook Air doesn't recognise my Premium Spotify account on iPhone 6 Plus?

Hiya,

I Have just upgraded to Premium Spotify account on my iPhone 6 Plus, but want it on my MACBook Air.  

Do I have to pay double to have them linked together, or must I have two separate accounts? 

It seems unfair if I do. 

If I don't have to pay twice...

How do I enable both so that my playlists are linked and I don't have to re-create them?

Thanks in advance xx

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @NoodleNx and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Both accounts will link automatically as long as you use the same login method and credentials on the devices. For example, if you created your account through Facebook, then you have to login through Facebook on both devices. If you created with a username and password through Spotify, then login through that user/password on both devices. 

The only exception is local music that you may have saved directly on your iPhone. Unless you have that music in the same music library on your computer, you may not be able to access that on your computer. 

Make sense? Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @NoodleNx and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Both accounts will link automatically as long as you use the same login method and credentials on the devices. For example, if you created your account through Facebook, then you have to login through Facebook on both devices. If you created with a username and password through Spotify, then login through that user/password on both devices. 

The only exception is local music that you may have saved directly on your iPhone. Unless you have that music in the same music library on your computer, you may not be able to access that on your computer. 

Make sense? Hope that helps!

Great thankyou x
I did manage to somehow sort it out:)

glad to hear!!

Suggested posts