Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App randomly stopps playing songs

App randomly stopps playing songs

I have a premium account and use Spotify mainly on my iPhone. I created playlists and enabled the "offline availabe" on both the desktop and mobile application. All songs in the list are marked with a green arrow indicating they are downloaded. I use the app allways in ofline mode.

However, sometimes I have the problem that the app randomly stopps playing a song. When I then open the app and go back and forth the song will be played without a problem. It's not allways the same song or local files from my computer.

Any help?

14 Replies

Hey mausi121,

That's odd.

Which version of iOS and and Spotify are you using? 

I'm also having this problem, I'm using the current iOS version, on an iPhone 4s.  I experienced it several versions ago, but at one point it was fixed; now it's back.

For me, it's always after playing a song that was local to my computer.  For instance, if a Beatles song plays in my playlist, the next song won't play.  Actually, that's slightly incorrect - it will "play", but no sound will come out.  The counter goes across as if it were playing.  Like mausi121 said, all it takes is to press the "back" button, and the song will play.  Hardly a fix.

Very annoying.

I am using spotify version 1.7.0.2390 and iOS version 7.1.2. I don't know since what version of both system I first experienced this. In my case it has no recognisable correlation with local files and the song won't be played at all. When I then open the app, the play button is hit, but the song just won't start at all.

Just had the problem again. And I saw that it is indeed the same as elston stated. When I open the app, the song is played but without sound. And this song was after a local file. When I go back and forth it worked.

Just tried to reproduce it, played the local file and the following song was then played without a problem. Both with screen on and off. Strange...

I have had the same problem with my IPod touch.  Any recommendations or suggestions will be helpful.

This is still an issue and has definitely something to do with downloaded local files. Any help?

I got the problem since ios 8 ...

@mausi121 wrote:

I have a premium account and use Spotify mainly on my iPhone. I created playlists and enabled the "offline availabe" on both the desktop and mobile application. All songs in the list are marked with a green arrow indicating they are downloaded. I use the app allways in ofline mode.

However, sometimes I have the problem that the app randomly stopps playing a song. When I then open the app and go back and forth the song will be played without a problem. It's not allways the same song or local files from my computer.

Any help?

Same issue, running both IOS8 & IOS7. Seems to also affect spotify connect. 😞

I found a solution that works for me ....

In Settings-> Wi-Fi 

I disabled ask to join networks....

Kind regards,

Bugster911

Bugster911: I disabled this option ages ago. So this cannot be the solution.

It works for me ... just sharing the solution for my problem... maybe it's not the same as yours...

Kind regards...

Hello Spotify

is it possible to get help on this. I still have the problem and is is connected to local songs from my computer.

However, this issue only appears when I listend to music on my iPhone for a while. Then a local file is played and the music stopps. This problem does not occur when I open the app, start playing a local file and lock the screen. Then the next song will be played without a problem...

An answer would be very much appreciated!

Hi all !

I have the same issue.

I was playing a song  and after this song the next song is starting and running but i hear NO sound.

I have to move the Song-Positionslider and then the sound is there  !!

Thats very very very annoying - because this is happen again and again.

Sometimes after playing 2 Songs - sometimes i can play hours of music without this problem.

I have no clue...

Greetings,

Alfonx

Edit:

My Device: iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.1 and latest Spotify Version 

Dear Spotify,

Same problem as described in this thread for me for weeks now. iPhone 4 with current iOSvand latest Spotify version. Enough space (>5 GB). Re-installation of Spotify app, re-download of all offline music etc. all attempts unsuccessful. All offline music (any title) randomly stops playing at around 1:20 plus/minus few seconds into each track, but with the track time counter continue running.

Would be really nice if someone from Spotify would answer to the issues reported here and provide a status update.

Greetings

Sascha

Suggested posts