Country

Italy

Device

Iphone 8, Xs, Xs Max

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi, 

I've been using Spotify since years and I do really love the app, but in the last months I noticed a very annoying behavior related to random freezes for searches.

Without any particular reason, after some time every search related to songs, artists, or album starts to fail (see attached screenshot) and the only way to keep it working is to restart the app or the network connection.

Please find below some details:

• The app has been reinstalled with no success
  • Cache has been clered with no success
  • Associated devices list has been cleared with no success
  • No particular human behavior has been performed before the freezes (sometimes it happens after some minutes, sometimes after hours, sometimes immediately)
  • The problem is occurring on my occount on different iPhone models (8, X, Xs Max), with different IOS version (last 4-5 releases) and with different carriers.
  • The problem seems to not occour under wifi (not sure of this)

I would like to fix this issue as soon as possible as i'm paying for a service that is becoming almost unusable.

I do not want to switch to Apple Music, could someone from the Spotify Support  help me???

Cattura.PNG
5 Replies

Hi, any help please?

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? Sorry if this may sound a bit repetitive but if that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app by following these steps.

Could you try using the remove Offline devices and Sign Out Everywhere from your Spotify account page?

Does this happen if you sign in with another Spotify account on your iPhone?

If possible could you try using another internet connection or probably signing in to another device with similar specs with your Spotify account?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi! Thanks for your response, please find below my feedbacks:

• Device has been restarted several times, the app works fine until it suddenly stops working properly with no apparent real reason
  • I've already tried to disconnect everywhere, no success
  • I've already tried to use different GSM carriers, no success
  • The problem occours on the last iOS releases and with different devices.
    Now I'm using iOS 12.1.4 and Spotify 8.4.93.796, but the same behavior was highlighed with all the previous releases in the last 3-4 months

Please help me! 😞

Hi Spotify Support, any help please? I see on internet that there is a plenty of people having this issue, can you please help us?

I'm paying for a service I can't use basically...

Hey @michelecandidi,

Sorry about the delay 🙂

Could you try that a friend's or family member's Spotify account to see if that helps?

If possible could you also try signing in to another device with similar specs with your Spotify account?

Could you try using the remove Offline devices and Sign Out Everywhere from your Spotify account page?

There's also a new update to the Spotify. I'd recommend updating to the latest one.

Please let me know how that goes.

Suggested posts