Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App shuts down when I unlock the Iphone screen

Solved!

App shuts down when I unlock the Iphone screen

This problem has been driving me mad the last week or so. I can start playing songs on my Iphone 5, and if I don´t do anything it will keep on playing. But if I let the screen go black and then unlock the phone the sound becomes distorted and within seconds the app shuts down. The same thing happens if i press the home button, and then go back to the app. I can still change songs in the locked screen though. If bluetooth headphones are connected the app crashes as soon as I start it. The phone is updated to iOS 10.3.1. Anyone have a solution for this? I have tried restarting the phone, as well as removing and reinstalling the app without any luck.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I got in contact with Spotify on the chat here, and an agent allowed me to log onto a Spotify test account which confirmed the issue was with my account and not my phone. They deleted my previous account and transferred all music and playlists over and the app is now working fine with no crashing at all.

If you go with this solution, I think it may be best to get in contact with them on here so they can transfer your account details over and advise on your premium membership – as they will have to cancel it, but will allow it to continue on for the remaineder of the month. But you will then have to resubscribe to premium. Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Have you tried a soft phone reset? (Don't worry, this won't erase all your data, it just clears RAM) Hold down the power and the home buttons for ten seconds or until the phone shuts completely down. If that doesn't work, check other music apps and see if it is a Spotify problem, or a phone problem. Hope that helps you!

Like my post and accept as a solution if I've been helpful!

Just livin' it up in the USA!

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

Having the exact same problem. Seems like it stopped working (for me) after I updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 10.3.1.

Spotify will play for a short while, and if I unlock my phone it will stutter and then die. Occassionally does it randomly when phone is still locked. Has also stuttered and died after the connection on my phone changed from 4G/3G to wi-fi and vice versa.

Have tried soft reset, re-installing the app and then resetting...no idea how to go about fixing the issue. Hoped it was a bug they'd get round to fixing! :c

That's odd. I have a 6s running 10.3.1 and it's fine. Hopefully that's a bug they'll fix in the future

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Spotify. I just enjoy helping people solve their problems and get back to the music!

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately the problem still remains after a soft reset though:( I have a few podcast apps and they all work fine.

Marked as solution

I got in contact with Spotify on the chat here, and an agent allowed me to log onto a Spotify test account which confirmed the issue was with my account and not my phone. They deleted my previous account and transferred all music and playlists over and the app is now working fine with no crashing at all.

If you go with this solution, I think it may be best to get in contact with them on here so they can transfer your account details over and advise on your premium membership – as they will have to cancel it, but will allow it to continue on for the remaineder of the month. But you will then have to resubscribe to premium. Hope that helps!

Hey, @naravnih!

I'm glad to hear that your problem got solved! Have fun jamin' out once again!!!!

I've had this problem for several months. It shuts down after about 1 minute. I will cancel my premium account if I dont get help asap.

Version 8.4.3.884
Device: iphone 5s

Definitely recommend using the live chat option to resolve it with them. Once they had identified the issue they resolved it pretty quickly there and then. I had the problem for just under a month and it was driving me up the wall.

Suggested posts