Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App stops responding after 3 searches

App stops responding after 3 searches

I searched for songs to play in a queue, added a couple to it, went to add another and now the app is not responding to touch events. I'm using the latest iOS version for my iPad 2 (Spotify 1.41.14). 

Seems it was already reported: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/Latest-spotify-update-can-t-add-son...

Note: I restarted my iPad and the same thing happened.  After 3 adds to the play queue, it doesn't let you play another song in the search.

31 Replies

Does a reinstall not help? It also might help to make sure most/all other applications are quit out of, too.

Is there no fix for this? I'm also having the same problem. 3 searches then the search panel stops responding to button presses.

Am running spotify on ipad, have tried reinstalling and rebooting the ipad but to no avail...

A restart (of both the app and the iPad) does not help with the issue.

Sounds like this is a pretty serious/consistent bug. You should definitely get in contact with Spotify's technical team through this form: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

When you receive an automated email response in return, just reply again detailing your issue and what you think the bug is (even if the email is marked as no-reply). A member of the technical team should get in touch with you shortly.

Just like to provide everyone an update, I've already escalated this issue to the team. Hope we'll have an answer here soon!

Cheers! Kudos everyone and i'll like to ask you guys to let us know:
1) Your iPhone Model and iOS Version
2) Spotify Version Numbers

EDIT: Please also provide the search terms/queries and the steps on how this product has occured so the engineers can look into it.

Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

I'm having this problem with iPad Air (32 Gt), iOS 7.1.2, Spotify 1.4.1.4.
The problem started with the first Spotify 1.4 update.

My iPhone 5S (32 Gt), iOS 7.1.2 and Spotify 1.4.1.4 doesn't have this problem.

I get this bug too. It's really odd. In my case, the app appears to stop processing what you typed on the search field after some consecutive searches.

I'm on iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.1 Spotify 1.41.14

Same issue here.
Ipad mini retina 2014
Spotify version 1.4.1.4
iOS 7.1.2

Hey everyone! We're on the case with this one. 

As soon as I have an update I will let you know right here--thanks!

Spotify has practically been unusable with iPad for almost 3 weeks now. When are you going to fix this? It would be much better to downgrade the iPad app back to version before 1.4.0 than not being able to use it at all.

Yes, I agree this has been going on too long.. this is a "premium" service on a standard platform...

Any danger of this getting fixed soon?

Tumbleweed

Ok Spotify, time to start refunding people this month's Premium membership payments. You can start that for the customers who have written about the problem to this forum. Please notify us when the refunding is done. Thank you.

It's very clear that you're not interested enough in fixing this critical problem. It should be easy to put the old version back to the AppStore. You can keep investigating the problem after restoring the old version is done.

Anything on this case?

I have search problem to with my ipad mini and ipad 2. After search and play + one cue song i cannot play anything from then search result.
IOS 7.1.2
Spotify downloaded and installed 20140726

I have to force quit the app on iPad Air after each individual search - getting very tedious ! in fact it's looking as if the iPad version has been abandoned. I'm doubting the slick iPhone version with Your Music will ever be released . I wish we could just use the iPhone version on iPad.Sometimes I do wonder if it's worth continuing paying for the premium service .

Just like to chime in that Spotify is looking into this, but you would have to do a complete reinstallation, and you have to do it to reduce the complications of problems:

iOS
Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, head to Spotify.com, login to your account and head to the Offline Devices tab and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

During months I was using the version I download on December 2013 and everything was fine. Today, Spotify sends me messages about a new IOS version with an EQ and I realized It was interesting and I decided to update my app. Bad decision. The EQ doesn't work but the worst thing happening is that I can not looking for any songs because the interface got static. But only the searcher, the rest of options are still working but I can't add any song or looking for more list and users. I want my last version app back ;(

Hello!

Unfortunately you cannot download a prevous version of the Spotify app (I believe). Have you reinstalled the app to see if it works normal again?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

@jlmercado
EQ works perfectly fine, I think your app's cache might need a refresh, thats where a clean reinstallation will help:
Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.
I'm here to shuffle!

As I said previously, the problem is just in the Search Section, because the rest of the app is still working at the same time. With the previous app, I just took 5 minutes to make a playlist with 10 songs. Now, I just can't finish to make a playlist with 10 songs.

I reinstalled the app as you told me but the problem doesn't disappear. It appeared just after some minutes of use. I will try to do something else and I hope get some solution

Suggested posts