Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App won't play songs in my playlist

Solved!

App won't play songs in my playlist

Hi
I'm using the free version of Spotify but I can't play any music in my playlists. It just skips to another song. I can play it on my computer or if my phone was attached to my PS4, but it doesn't work on the app.
Plz help
Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @theguywhois

Check out the support article on the difference between devices when using Spotify Free:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/spotify-free-on-your-mobil...

Spotify Free on your computer & tablet

With our Free service, you get access to our catalog of over 30 million tracks (supported by ads) on your computer or tablet. As much music as you want, for as long as you want it! You can play any song you want on demand.

Spotify Free on mobile 

On mobile, you get ad-supported, shuffle-only access on compatible devices. This means:

You can’t stream specific songs on demand, and you’re only able to skip a track 6 times per hour.

Sometimes you'll hear a mix of similar tracks from other artists to what you're playing.

Just head to any playlist, album, or artist page and press SHUFFLE PLAY. Your music will begin playing right away.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @theguywhois

Check out the support article on the difference between devices when using Spotify Free:

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/spotify-free-on-your-mobil...

Spotify Free on your computer & tablet

With our Free service, you get access to our catalog of over 30 million tracks (supported by ads) on your computer or tablet. As much music as you want, for as long as you want it! You can play any song you want on demand.

Spotify Free on mobile 

On mobile, you get ad-supported, shuffle-only access on compatible devices. This means:

You can’t stream specific songs on demand, and you’re only able to skip a track 6 times per hour.

Sometimes you'll hear a mix of similar tracks from other artists to what you're playing.

Just head to any playlist, album, or artist page and press SHUFFLE PLAY. Your music will begin playing right away.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I understand the limitations of the free version. I was however always able to create a playlist and have it work.   Now none of my own playlists will play at all. The only thing that will work are the Dailymix options.   

I understand the limitation of Free version on mobile, however whenever I press SHUFFLE PLAY on my OWN PLAYLIST that I created, it ALWAYS keeps playing a mix of tracks from other artist that I don't want to hear and DON'T come to my chosen tracks on my playlist, despite 6 times skip (then I can't skip it anymore). Seriously, it's so annoying.

Recomendation or advertisement are ok for me, and if I want to hear mix of similar songs I will enjoy Spotify's playlist, but now I just want to stream my own favorite tracks. Hope that Spotify can improve to give us better experience in enjoying music. Thank you.

Have the same problem. It is rediculous, it will play live versions of songs in the playlist or 'similar songs' but it wont play the songs actually in the playlist! Basically a useless shuffle of music you dont want to hear. No problem with no being able to play songs on demand but you should be able to shuffle playlists, have been able to in the past with free. 

Hey @theguywhois @MattSuda

Not sure how that is a solution. Doesnt say anything about playlists not shuffling the songs actually in the playlist.

I have the same problem on PREMIUM!

Suggested posts