Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App won't stay open longer than 5 seconds before crashing

App won't stay open longer than 5 seconds before crashing

I just downloaded the app, signed in and less than 5 seconds later the app closes down completely. I did see an alert that says my 48 hour trial was starting... but I can't use the app. Can you please help?

12 Replies

Do you know what version of iOS you are on?  It might help if you reboot your phone.  To do this, hold down both the power and the home buttons for 10 seconds (ignoring the on-screen message that tells you to slide to turn off).  This may help you.  Otherwise, if you do not know what version of iOS you are using, tap the Settings icon, tap General, and then About.  The information listed to the immediate right of "Version" is the iOS version you are using.  Also, are you using an iPhone, or an iPod touch?

I'm on an iphone, and my version is 5.1 (9B179) - I did the reboot and it still isn't working. Does the version have something to do with it?

If you were on an older version of iOS it might have explained it, but I would think it would work on the version you are on.  Do you know how much free space is available on your device?

6.5 GB is available. I've tried removing the app and re-downloading it, I've rebooted, I've tried to log-in manually. It's just not working. Any other suggestions? I would hate to think I just can't use the app, maybe it's something AT&T could help with?

Is there a reason you just stopped responding? I think it looks really poor on spotify that no one cared to help me resolve my issue.  Just so we're clear, I deleted the app.

I've got the same issue... won't even open. Screen just flashes. Have tried restarting phone, closes, re-opening app etc etc... 

Any ideas... 

Same here!! I rebooted and redownloaded. It opens for about 2 seconds of a white screen then just closes.

@DJCTS wrote:
Same here!! I rebooted and redownloaded. It opens for about 2 seconds of a white screen then just closes.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have you tried all of the troubleshooting steps outlined in the iOS troubleshooting guide?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter - I did now try all the advice there. I cleared my Safari history and cookies and reinstalled the app but I still ran into the same problem upon reinstallation.

Unreal. Dealing with the same issue. Upgraded my iPhone last night and it hasn't worked since. Just when I thought Spotify couldn't be any worse.

This is killing me.

I have the same problem, it was playing yesterday then when it updated it just wouldn't open. I hope spotify will fix this soon

I'm researching the same issue on another app: on opening the app it blinks for a second or so and disappears. Note that the app is still running in the background as it can be found in the carousel and there is no crash report.

One post I found suggested downloading another app, any app (pick a free one) from the app store. Then the original app starts working properly. As if something was left unfinished in the original download.

Can anybody here try and see if it fixes their issue?

Suggested posts