Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Appears to synch OK but won't play my local files

Appears to synch OK but won't play my local files

Everything was working fine for a long time, but recently it's stopped.  I got a new iPhone 5  and set it up... It "looks" like everything has worked fine, but when I go to play a local file that is on my Mac Desktop on my iPhone 5,   Even though the playlist is setup for offline playing, and there is a green circle with the arrow in it.  Whenever I go to play it on my iPhone I get the error dialog box....

"Track Not Synced"

If you own the track, you can sync it from your computer"

Yes, the synching seems to be working.... If I add a new local file to the desktop... it replicates to my iPhone (with green circle) but still won't play...

Spotify songs work fine offline

Help!!!! Frustrating

Brent

5 Replies

I get the same problem 😞

I have been having this same issue for months as well... is Spotify responding to your posts with help?  Is this just another dead end with no help in sight?

I have updated Apple Quicktime and iTunes (both are running current versions).  I am running the most current version of Spotify Premium.  iPhone 5 has the most current iOS. 

I am storing my local files in a Spotify folder on my internal hard drive, and they play just fine on my desktop PC (running Windows 7 64-bit).  They appear to be synching to my iPhone, as all local files appear in their proper playlists, as well as in the local files folder.  All tracks are bold black, as if they were working.  But when clicked on, I get the infamous popup message "Track No Synced"  If you own the track, you can... blah blah blah."  I have 850 tracks available offline, and have not yet met that quota.

Anyone have any idea what on earth will resolve this?  I'm at my breaking point, and ready to cancel my Premium subscription.  =( 

Hey man

Had this problem as well. So frustrated by it. I tried changing the location of the local files on my computer to see if that would 'refresh' spotify's syncing process and include them, but it didn't. I tried renaming them (testing Spotify's intelligence here), didn't work either. 

Eventually i actually did try reinstalling spotify after deleting it off my phone and then re-syncing my playlists, and it actually worked. I didn't think for a million years that it would. Hopefully it works out for you too, and anyone reading this thread. 

I've tried this several times and am at the point of giving up on Spotify.  I have deleted the app and added it back.  I have unmarked the playlist as offline and then online and the files will not play on my iphone.  They will play on my spotify app on my macbook.  Strange and extremely frustrating as I can't listen to all of my music in one place.

Open to and searching for ideas.

Suggested posts