Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple CarPlay Playlist Sort Order

Apple CarPlay Playlist Sort Order

I have my playlists sorted in my Spotify app by “Recently Added,” so the newest songs I’ve added to the playlist are at the top.

But when using Apple CarPlay, this doesn’t carry over. Playlists are only sorted by ‘oldest to newest’. I was wondering if it is possible to get the sort order of the songs on Apple CarPlay to match the sort order I set in the Spotify app on my iPhone.

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12.1.2

3 Replies

Same issue here, except it just seems to be the case on the app now in general. Curious as to whether this has to do with a recent IOS update because it never did this before. On my desktop, the playlists are in the appropriate “recently added” order but not on the app. 

@Brandnewdrew wrote:

Same issue here, except it just seems to be the case on the app now in general. Curious as to whether this has to do with a recent IOS update because it never did this before. On my desktop, the playlists are in the appropriate “recently added” order but not on the app. 

Hmm, I’m not having an issue in the app at all. If I open any playlist, scroll to the top, hit the three bars to the right of the filter bar, it gives me the option to sort in any order I choose (title, recently added, custom, etc).

Hopefully that helps you and you can get it working the way you want it to.

EB407DD9-676E-45E1-ACA3-D2DAEDB6EFC7.png

Ahhh I see why you mean! I was hitting the three dots and not the three bars by the Filter option. This is working now. Thanks a ton!

Suggested posts