Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Carplay - Artists not showing up?

Apple Carplay - Artists not showing up?

Hi there,

Whenever I use spotify on Apple CarPlay, I'm unable to browse my Library by "Artist"? I'm able to see all my music when I browse by song, but for some reason whenever I try to filter by artist, none of my music shows up.

Has anyone had this issue?

7 Replies

I get an issue however I browse music on the carplay screen. I get a list of about 10 playlists or albums or artists and the rest of my saved stuff doesn't load. I have to use the UI on the phone.

If anyone from Spotify could advise me what info you need to start debugging it would be great.

Car is a Vauxhall Astra (2016). IOS Version is 10.0.2.Spotify version 6.5.0.1665 this has been a problem across multiple version of iOS and Spotify.

I see all the artists that I "follow" but not the others. Try that to see if it works for you

I am getting exactly the same issue on Mercedes GLE Apple carplay. I will try your suggestion but a proper fix from Spotify would be good. Thanks

Same issue here 2017 Chevrolet VOLT. But strangely enough SOMETIMES my complete artist list appears. I never have time to scientifically deduce what the trigger is for this, but judging from all the Spotify/CarPlay posts I see here, the interface is a huge problem and Spotify knows but hasn't done anything about it. 

I actually ended up switching to Apple Music as the car interface was better and it does something similar except it tells you that's it's limiting the display because you are driving.

It's worth trying when parked with the hand brake on (parking brake in America?) and seeing if all artists/albums are displayed.

I have the same issue. Spotify under CarPlay shows only a limited figure of artists (actually all artists starting with "L" and further are missing). Looks like the app is extremely buggy.

apple music seems to be the solution. Use STAMP to export all your playlists and enjoy.

The only solution I have found is to following all of the artists and then they will all show up. Slightly painful but it works.

Suggested posts