Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Apple Carplay][Playlists] Fix CarPlay Support

[Apple Carplay][Playlists] Fix CarPlay Support

Can't determine if its the spotify app or the Apple Carplay, but the experience is not good.

Key Problems

1) Cannot paginate through my music from the car screen. Only shows the first "page" worth of data, have to keep going to the mobile device to navigate.

2) Sometimes you cannot start playback from the car console, but have to hit play on the mobile device.

11 Replies

same for me!!

@therealdrumbum wrote:

2) Sometimes you cannot start playback from the car console, but have to hit play on the mobile device.

Happens to me as well.

messed up to f**k, but wrangled by US streaming services and left #fubar

@dontheorist firefly DEW

messed up to f**k, sucked in and **bleep** wrangle, date raped, thraped by US streaming services/apps and left #fubar, settings back to front...???

@dontheorist firefly DEW

and thanks spotify for making comment editing so... key log, transcript, buggy

goonies_sloth.jpg

@dontheorist firefly DEW

#2 problem always bothers me

Same problems here.  Can't start music from Carplay and playslists are severely truncated.  I could deal with the truncation if the playlist was sorted in some logical order but it appears to be backwards from normal.

Ditto. Except sometimes my artist list shows up!! 

Features overall are lacking for a pleasant and user friendly experience. Time for an overhaul

I'm having the same issue – I cannot use the car-screen display to navigate Spotify:

• The app freezes when I try to select a menu option, and I get the spinning wheel of death
  • I have tried restarting the app, disconnecting/reconnecting my iPhone, but the car screen remains frozen
  • The only way to get rid of the frozen screen is to switch the car off!

I'm using iPhone 6, iOS 10.3.2, Spotify 8.4.8.

And the Spotify guys doesnt understand what is Carplay ("try to reinstall", "try to connect without cable..." ) Hey, helpdesk, wake up and work on this problem! Thanks

Suggested posts