Premium

Country

Germany

Device

AppleTV A2169

Operating System

tvOS 14.6 

My Question or Issue

first app start and connection without problems. after using it again, the app no ​​longer starts. only the logo appears on the start screen. App uninstalled and reinstalled. Problem still exists.

17 Replies

chickenfood

Same issue for me, where the Spotify app on tvOS is just unusable. Same model of Apple TV (AppleTV A2169), same OS version (tvOS 14.6).

Eni

Hey there @Karki

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we'd recommend checking if the firmware of your Apple TV has any pending updates. If so, make sure to update it. 

After that, we'd suggest that you reinstall the app again to check if that does the trick. 

In case that the issue still persists, could you send us a photo of what you're seeing on your end so we can take a closer look?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Karki
Music Fan
I've already done all the steps

EF05CF6E-4907-4295-BCFD-1CA93F25D243.jpeg

Eni

Hi @Karki

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you try restarting your router by unplugging it from power for at least 15 seconds? Also unplug your TV and plug it back in.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you give it a go using a different internet connection and get back to us if the issue persists? Maybe a mobile hotspot would be a convenient solution for you? 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Karki
Music Fan

I've already restarted the router one. I also turned off the power to Apple TV. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app didn't help either. Everything else works fine.

Eni

Hey again @Karki

Thanks for your quick reply. 

In this case, would you mind trying the following steps to check if they do the trick?:

1. Launch Spotify.
  2. Wait until you no longer see the Spotify logo.
  3. Go back to the main menu.
  4. Close the app (double press the TV button for application switcher, focus the app you'd like to force quit and then swipe up). 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator

Karki
Music Fan

I can now reproduce the error. To solve this, I have logged out on all devices. This can take up to 24 hours. Tonight I was able to re-pair Spotify via Apple TV. The app worked. I quit the app and started it again. Only the Spotify logo appears again, then the screen remains black. Please fix this bug!

86kanth
Regular

This problem is even mentioned in Apple support page.
I’m surprised how Spotify can’t recreate this issue and provide a fix or possible solution.

Eni

Hi @Karki

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Could you send us a video of what happens when you're following the steps we sent in our previous message? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. This will help us to take a closer look at what's going on. 

We'll be waiting for your reply.

EniModerator

Karki
Music Fan

Novy

Hey @Karki

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We're currently unable to see the video. Would you mind uploading it to Google Drive and sending a link to it?

Apologies for the inconvenience. We'll be on the lookout.

NovyModerator

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Jeremy

Hi there @Karki,

Thank you for your reply and for your video.

If it's possible, can you try with a different internet connection?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Karki
Music Fan

I chatted with support. A test account was made available to me. The same problem arises with this too. It doesn't matter if I try it over a mobile hotspot or my own internet connection. The error can always be reproduced. Just log off on all devices for this purpose, the app can re-pair. Until the said restart of the app then it no longer works.

Novy

Hey @Karki

Thank you for getting back to us with this info. 

Based on the steps tried, the fact that it happens with a second account and that we haven't received any similar reports, it seems this issue is being caused by your specific device or setup. 

A theory is that once it loads up all profile and playlist data, the Apple TV is unable to read that data again for some reason. However, we can't really offer any solution to this from our end.

Apologies for the inconvenience. The Community will be here if anything else comes up.

NovyModerator

"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

86kanth
Regular

no it is not,

I’m having the exact same problem on my Apple TV 4K 2nd generation.

all firmware updated.

several times deleted Spotify app and reinstalled.

restarted my whole home multiple internet connections routers, load balancers, access points and switches.

Nothing changes.

Black screen the second time I turn on the APP.

Karki
Music Fan

unfortunately that doesn't help either

SUGGESTED POSTS