Premium

Country

France

Device

Apple TV

Operating System

tvOS 14.4

My Question or Issue

I listen to my music on my Apple TV, and I use my oneplus 6 as a remote control.

The issue is often present.

I launch the most liked songs in random order, the song start and we can see the cover, the timeline on the TV, I click next song on my oneplus, there is no issue for a couple of songs, but after some songs, the informations on TV does not change, the screen is blocked, the song is still ok, but the informations are stuck.

It's happened each time i use Spotify this week, i try to uninstall from my Apple TV, reinstall, disconnect and reconnect, but the issue is still present.

The communication trough the apps is not stable, there is always an issue somewhere....

Thank you.

Nicolas.

9 Replies

Hey there @Topazoner

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Would you mind sending over a video where we can take a better look at this issue?

You can send a link to it or attach it to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

I'm listen to my music on my Apple TV and I use my phone as a remote. As you can hear, the music change, but nothing is happening on the Apple TV, the song is correctly played, but the interface is stuck. 

Check the video here : https://we.tl/t-wzERSH4rSm

Thank you

Hey @Topazoner

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If possible, could you give it a try using a different account? You can borrow a friend's account or create a test account here.

Let us know if you notice anything new.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I don't see the connection between the issue and my account or an another
account....

this issue concern the software, not the account

Hey @Topazoner

Thanks for getting back. 

We suggest trying another account since this will let us know whether the issue might be specifically related to your Spotify account.  

If we exclude the option that the issue you experience is account-related this will help us recommend further troubleshooting steps. Give it a try and let us know the outcome.   

We'll look out for your reply. 

I have a premium account versus a free account, it makes no sense to
compare two different account kinds.

Just because of advertising on a free account, we can't compare, the
mechanism is different.

Hey @Topazoner,

Thanks for the reply.

You should still be able to use Spotify Connect on a free account. This information will help us check if the issue could be account related.

Other troubleshooting you can try is to restart your router or connect both your phone and TV to a mobile hotspot. This way you can test if the issue is caused by a network error.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm sorry but I don't want spend my time with all theses procedures. I report to you an issue, but I don't want debug this issue, it's a job for Spotify's developers. 

I'm a developer, if my client report me an issue, I don't ask him for doing my job. I analyse the issue, I find a solution and I publish the patch. 

Hope Spotify will can find and correct this issue. 

Nicolas.

Hey @Topazoner,

Thanks for the reply.

We tried preproducing this on our end, however we didn't get the same results. Which means that the issue must be device/ set-up related.

As previously advised, try connecting to a different network or account to see if the issue persists. If your home set up is using network repeaters, you might want to turn those off and test if it works better.

We've passed the info you've provided on to the relevant team at Spotify, however we don't have any official info regarding when or if it will be fixed.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts