Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Apple Watch] Get album art on long press

Solved!

[Apple Watch] Get album art on long press

Hi!

As a long time Spotify user, I love controlling music with my Apple Watch. But I would love so much to be able to see album arts on my watch screen.

My idea is that, by default, we get the classic music controls, and if we long-press this screen, we get a fullscreen album art view. As long as we don't long-press again, the album art gets updated while music is playing, switching from a cover to another. And we switch between controls and covers with the long-press gesture, which is totally useless right now.

I know this may not be a major feature, but I would find it so cool.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Lyro1

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

We appreciate you’re taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Lyro1

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here!

We appreciate you’re taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

So, what is the solution? Ling press isn’t working on my apple watch (os9)

Not working but need Spotify to add this feature pls

Your idea of incorporating full-screen album art through a long-press gesture on the Apple Watch during music playback sounds both intuitive and visually enriching. Integrating a feature that allows users to seamlessly transition between music controls and immersive album art viewing would undoubtedly enhance the overall user experience, adding a touch of aesthetic appeal to the music-listening journey on the watch interface. Implementing this feature could offer users a delightful and engaging way to interact with their music library, elevating the usability and enjoyment of Spotify on the Apple Watch.

Suggested posts