Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Watch Spotify constantly crashing

Apple Watch Spotify constantly crashing

Watch model SE
Watch iOS 8.3
Iphone model Xr
Iphone iOS 15.2.1
Spotify version 8.6.96.591

Plan
Premium
Country
Mexico

Device 1
Iphone Xr
Operating System
iOS 15.2.1

Device 2
Apple Watch SE
Operating System
iOS 8.3

Spotify version

My Question or Issue
Brand new Apple Watch SE since opening and synchronizing it with iphone, has been in constant crash of the Spotify app (When clicking to open the app, it closes automatically).
The app crashes almost everytime, after one time of working properly after downloading it.

Downloading songs are also a problem, even when is a playlist with less than 10 songs.
The phone, watch and app are already with newest versions.
Closing the app (both phone and watch), logging out, factory reset of the watch have been already tested.

50 Replies

Same issue on Apple Watch 3.

Latest os on iPhone and Watch. Already uninstall and reinstall on both devices.

Hey @Onedark808

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

We can confirm that our tech team is currently looking into this, so make sure to add your vote to the Ongoing Issue here by clicking on the Thumbs up icon, if you haven't already. 

Though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Same issue on latest Watch OS on Apple Watch 5. Downloaded playlists play for a few seconds then the app crashes. Some playlists work, or maybe it’s me doing something odd that circumvents the bug. 

Looks like I just got the redesigned Apple Watch app in the last 48 hours. Nevertheless, for streaming and playing downloaded music, the app itself looks like it has not been fixed at all. I'm still experiencing crashing issues after a couple of minutes playing music, making it practically impossible to listen to a complete song.

I posted my issue about 3 weeks ago: Spotify instantly crashing every time I tried to start it up on my Apple Watch 3. HOWEVER, since the Spotify update on Dec 8th, Spotify is WORKING AS INTENDED. I hope it was the update.

Almost a year with the "right team", still not solved.

Any real updates on this?

App crashs when I try to open "Downloads".

Cannot open any playlists, says there was an error.

Hi,I have a apple watch series 7 of version 9.2 and iPhone XR of ios16,my spotify is working with internet connection and bluetooth connection with my iphone,and if it is not connected to internet and also not connected to iphone,my spotify in the watch immediately crashes in half a second as soon as I open it,none of the methods of swiping in the dock and scrolling the digital crown inward during the opening of the app does not help,I have had this issue for many months,please resolve it as soon as possible.It would be great

I’m getting the same issue. I have tried all the troubleshooting options discussed in the comments but none have worked. I open the app on my watch and it doesn’t even go to the home page of spotify. The Genius Bar said it is to do with spotify. Some of these comments are half a year old, how has there not been any progress on such a small tech issue ?

Hello, I have given a chance to the app on Apple Watch 4 but when I try to download an album from the iPhone to the watch I open the download section on the watch and the app crashes immediately, every time with incredible precision.

Thanks for the support.

BR.

Same reply I can find by googling Spotify. This is honestly very bad. I am very disappointed with how Spotify works on my Apple watch 8. Im gonna switch back to Apple Music after giving this 1 month. Podcasts cannot run, Downloaded playlist crashes, Music stop playing after timers, etc. Really, phew. 

Same issue with apple watch Ultra Cellular

Spotify app is open for 1 second before it crashes. If I turn off cellular mode, then the app doesn’t crash, but it also cannot play anything and as soon as I turn cellular back on, Spotify crashes.

is there any updates Spotify? I see this issue started almost 2 years ago

Suggested posts