Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Watch Streaming Beta Phone Call Issue

Solved!

Apple Watch Streaming Beta Phone Call Issue

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Iphone X, Apple watch series 6

Operating System

IOS 14.0 (phone)

Watch OS 7.0.2 (Watch)

My Question or Issue

I understand that this feature is still in beta, however wanted to report this bug anyway as I have recently found it.

When streaming music with Bluetooth headphones connected to my apple watch and my phone is nearby, if I get a phone call and answer it from the watch I am not able to hear any audio from the call and it continues to ring on the phone (it works fine when not playing music on the apple watch, so assume that it is an issue with Spotify rather than the watch/apple itself). After a short period I also get a call failed message on the watch.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Alexander31, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. I'll make sure to pass all of your feedback on to the right teams. Since this is still in a beta version, Spotify is still making improvements to the experience and listening on Apple Watch so make sure your app and device stay up to date to receive the latest versions and features.

Hope this clears things up! Have a great day. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Alexander31, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. I'll make sure to pass all of your feedback on to the right teams. Since this is still in a beta version, Spotify is still making improvements to the experience and listening on Apple Watch so make sure your app and device stay up to date to receive the latest versions and features.

Hope this clears things up! Have a great day. 

Billy-JSpotify Star

Thanks for the reply, hope it helps to improve the beta version and is passed through to the final version.

Hey @Alexander31,

I have an Apple Watch and I've been testing this on it as well. Hopefully it gets updated soon!

Have a great weekend ahead.

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts