NEXT STEP

Apple Watch and Missing Songs

Apple Watch and Missing Songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

IOS 14.4, iPhoneXs 

Apple Watch 7.3

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist where the songs are ordered by "Recently Added." When I use my Apple Watch and "Play on device: iPhone" everything works fine.

As soon as I hit "Play on device: Apple Watch" the playlist plays in the wrong order AND only shows the first 100 songs. This also happens when I'm using the app over Cell data... not with my phone nearby.

I have tried download and un-downloading these playlists. Both devices have the latest software. Have also tried a clean reinstall.

10 Replies

Also... I did a reset of my Apple Watch.

Hey @h-u4wv_ku89l

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If you still experience this after a clean reinstall it's also a good idea to reinstall the app on the Apple Watch. Follow these steps on how to do that. 

Another thing you can try is un-pairing your Apple Watch from your iPhone via Bluetooth and then reconnecting them to check if the issue is still there.

Looking forward to your reply. Enjoy your day! 

I have tried all of this with no luck. Also tried to pair someone else's account to test and had the same issues.

Hi @h-u4wv_ku89l

Thanks for letting us know that. 

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app on your phone, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

Also, if you've already reinstalled the app on the Apple watch and the issue still persists, we suggest that you restart both devices to check if that makes the difference. 

Lastly, we recommend making sure that the OS of your phone is up-to-date as well as your watch's firmware. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi. Please see above. All of this was done. Multiple times too. 

Hey @h-u4wv_ku89l,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

No worries, we won't give up that quickly. If none of the steps tried so far helped you could provide us with some more info that will help us investigate.  

You mention this occurring on a playlist. Could you confirm if this happens only with this particular playlist, or you can observe it across different playlists when using different sorting options? It'd also be useful if you provide us with the URI of the playlist so that we try reproducing it on our side. 

Next thing you can try is sending us some screenshots or video recordings showing how this looks on your end. You can use the Insert Photos and Insert Video options in the post editor to attach the content to your next reply to us. 

We'll look out for your reply.  

Hey @h-u4wv_ku89l,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try the following while we test this out 🙂

1. On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
  2. Scroll down and tap Music.
  3. Tap Playlist Limit.
  4. Tap Storage to set a storage limit.
  5. Tap the maximum amount of storage you want to sync to your Apple Watch.
  6. Tap Songs to set a song limit.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

These settings do not show up as options on my phone. I CAN confirm that the Spotify on Watch does not show songs past 100 in the playlist. This seems to be the glitch.

Hey @h-u4wv_ku89l,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

We're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music experience possible. It's possible that you might not see something on the app that your friend does, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. 

If you want to find more information about Spotify test, you can click here.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts