Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

Apple Watch app crashing when streaming to it

Solved!

Apple Watch app crashing when streaming to it

Casual Listener

Hi all,

I recently noticed that the Apple Watch app added a Beta feature to stream to it directly. When I select that option though, the app shows a loading indicator for about 30 seconds and the entire watch becomes unresponsive (no buttons etc. work), and then the watch crashes, displaying the Apple logo until it restarts.

Not sure if there's any logs or something I can attach to help out, but here's my device info:

Apple Watch Series 5, on watchOS 7.0.2 (18R402)

iPhone 12 Pro (MGMT3X/A), on iOS 14.1

Spotify 8.5.81.1110

I've already tried restarting everything, and I've also completely reinstalled the Spotify app on both devices with no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Apple Watch app crashing when streaming to it

Casual Listener

Hey Billy, thanks for your reply. Just updating this in case anyone else runs into this issue.

It turns out the problem was that I didn’t have any Bluetooth headphones connected to my watch at the time, and that was causing the entire watch to die when trying to play Spotify from it.  Connected them up and everything is working smoothly! Hopefully this helps someone (and it might be worth passing this along to the Spotify devs so they can handle this case!) 

Be well

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @9_ssmz8-9exkw, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. I'll make sure to pass all of your feedback on to the right teams. Since this is still in a beta version, Spotify is still making improvements to the experience and listening on Apple Watch so make sure your app and device stay up to date to receive the latest versions and features.

Hope this clears things up! Have a great day.

Billy-JRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Solution!

Casual Listener

Hey Billy, thanks for your reply. Just updating this in case anyone else runs into this issue.

It turns out the problem was that I didn’t have any Bluetooth headphones connected to my watch at the time, and that was causing the entire watch to die when trying to play Spotify from it.  Connected them up and everything is working smoothly! Hopefully this helps someone (and it might be worth passing this along to the Spotify devs so they can handle this case!) 

Be well

View solution in original post

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @9_ssmz8-9exkw

Sure thing, I'll pass it on. Thanks for letting me know the resolution, and I'm happy to hear everything is good to go. If you need help in the future, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS