Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple Watch app not showing music

Solved!

Apple Watch app not showing music

Student Premium, USA

iPhone 7/Apple Watch Series 3

iOS 12.1.4/watchOS 5.0.1

I recently got a replacement iPhone 7 and loaded a backup of my old device onto it. When I played music on my old iPhone (also a 7), the watch app would automatically open and show me what is playing, with the ability to change the volume, skip the song, etc. After I setup my new phone with the backup from the old one, the watch app does automatically open when I play music, but it is essentially a blank screen. Where the song title is displayed, it says "Spotify" and the artist is "peteroleum2's Apple Watch," and none of the other screens have any function.

I'm just wondering if this is a function of the new phone/watch not recognizing each other or something like that, or if it's software related and if it's as simple as deleting and reinstalling an app. Thanks!

24 Replies

The app was working fine on my apple watch but it stopped working. The music and playlists are not loading on my apple watch. I turned off the watch, factory reset it and it still does not work. On the main screen is as shown bellow. The music and playlists play fine on my phone and desktop. It's just on my watch that nothing works.

iPhone 11 Pro Software 15.1

Subscription

Premium

WatchOS 8.3

incoming-F6C66D71-E267-4CA7-8710-408469CB8D8D.PNG

Hey @guerrajorge,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We understand you've experienced issues with Spotify on your Apple Watch not showing music and you also began to troubleshoot a bit. Good call, as the factory reset is a very valid step, and it seems very helpful for other users with similar issues and you can read about that in this thread here. We hope that the info there could help in your situation as well.

What seems to be helping is to setup the watch as new, after the factory reset has been done. If you're not sure whether the factory reset was done the right way, you can repeat the process following this guide by Apple.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there. I m having the same issue. Nothing is loading on spotify on my watch and it says its loading constantly. I have the latest versions on both phone and watch. I have also reset my watch and unpaired it from my phone and have had no success.

Hi there @_x5qn4-7fmyc,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. 

We'd like to help you in the best way we can, therefore it would be great if you can try the other troubleshooting steps that's been provided in the thread. If you already did, just let us know and we'll continue to investigate this with you.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

DO THIS: To show or hide your listening activity: Click. in the top-right and select Settings. Under Social, switch Share my listening activity on Spotify on (green), or off (gray).

For context, I tried everything in this thread. 2 factory resets, multiple uninstalls and reinstalls on phone and watch, multiple unpairings, and 2 different wifi networks. I stumbled upon the solution i shared after weeks of trouble shooting and immediately looked at my watch and the song I was listening to on spotify at the moment showed up. I have no idea why this is a social configuration but that's what finally did it. I hope this helps everyone here.

Suggested posts