Announcements

Apple Watch offline usage?

Re: Apple Watch offline usage?

Casual Listener
Honestly, I can‘t tell but the battery goes rapidely down while streaming.

Regular

If local offline streaming is made available it shouldn’t use any more battery than offline with Apple Music. Of course streaming from the cellular radio will deplete the battery more rapidly. 

Casual Listener
Exactly... so let’s hope to see offline streaming coming soon

Music Fan
I changed to Apple Music a couple of months ago after having Spotify
forever. It is really worth it. I can listen to music on my watch while my
son uses my iPhone with my account.

I purchased an Apple Watch a couple of days ago (WiFi version) and really disappointed there is no ability to download music offline to the device. I bought the watch mainly for fitness purposes and wanting to listen to music while running (without having to bring my phone). 

I love Spotify and am hesitant to using Apple Music (because when it first launched I tried it and wasn’t a fan), but I’ll be trialling it again and if it is decent I’ll be cancelling my Spotify subscription. 

get it sorted Spotify!

Casual Listener
I gave you a big reply but got error.

I use Soundiiz.com to move my playlist from spotify to apple music. You can give it a try. But Apple Music runs very good on my apple watch in offline mode so give it a try.

+1 to this 

not something I’d expect would take 3 years to develop 

was hyped to get my Apple Watch 6 so I could run and listen to Spotify premium  without my phone, but apparently this fundamental feature is a new idea?

if we can sync offline for a phone, and the watch can sync with other services, there is no excuse Spotify 

Ive been paying for Spotify for a decade now. But I’ll trial AM and if it’s similar, and offers more features why would I not migrate to that? 

if this is going to be anything like the original Apple Watch Spotify app’s timeline, we might be lucky get this in 2025

SUGGESTED POSTS