Apple Watch offline usage?

Solved!

Apple Watch offline usage?

bi3wn9r2f84h8zy
Visitor

My Question or Issue

i have recently purchased an Apple Watch, will there be an update that allows me to use Spotify on there without taking my phone out with me? It is very inconvenient when exercising? 

I have seen similar posts to this all over a year ago with very limited answer which have really been avoiding the question... so Spotify do you have an answer for this? 

The technology must already be there as other music apps are able to implement this feature...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Good news!

Spotify now supports downloads on Apple Watch. This will be rolling out over the next several weeks.

Check out this Spotify news article for more info:

Enjoy More Ways Than Ever to Use Spotify on Your Apple Watch—Now With Downloads 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Jeremy

Hey @ttomovski,

Thank you for your post.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work the way you'd like to. Rest assure we're constantly aiming to improve our features

@Mihail mentioned earlier in this thread that there is currently a test going on with improvements to the Apple Watch experience, but we have no further information to share publicly at this time.

In order to have access to all available features, as soon as they are rolled out, you should keep your app updated to the latest version.

We recommend everyone to leave a +VOTE and subscribe to this thread for any updates.

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here

Cheers 🙂

169 Replies

spolo85
Regular

This feature just got released in Beta 2 days ago.  I actually have it on my watch now.  It should just be a matter of days, if not a week or two that Spotify releases it to the public

mrmoosickle
Regular

About time. Apple Music is not doing it for me or the family. 
how do you get Beta?

spolo85
Regular
click this link on your iphone.
https://testflight.apple.com/join/7lt2tesn
it should install Test Flight and add the Spotify beta profile

raphaelfraga
Visitor

Come on, Spotify! 2 years to launch an Apple Watch app? WE WANT IT NOW 🙂

AirJonn
Regular

Waiting for my (first) AW to be delivered so I could leave my phone when running. Are you kidding me? This is not possible? How is this not possible? I simply assumed this would be possible, makes so much sense. And after all this time also still this shitty Apple Car implementation? Apple Music here I come.

Peter

Hey there @AirJonn,

Thank you for your post and for your feedback.

We're always aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. We’re sorry that means you’re not able to use Spotify on your Apple Watch like you wish to do at the moment.

We actually have an idea about this here. You can leave a +Vote and subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Cheers!

PeterModerator

ttomovski
Casual Listener

This is ridiculous, this „common sense“ request is 3 years old. It is so annoying that Spotify does nothing to listen to its users that are actually paying them money for this! I am patiently waiting until the end of this year (2020) and then I am canceling my account and I will suggest the same to all my friends and family.

The number of times this issue has been opened for discussions and requested is outrageous. We receive the same generic answers without any precise timing or in which version this will be enabled!

Sorry, but customer care should matter. And as there were not so substantial changes to the spotify app in the past 3 years, it is only reasonable to conclude that this request is ignored. If the problem is with Apple not allowing other apps to store music on the Apple watch, then by all means please state that! Then everyone will stop blaming you for ignoring us and the inefficient development of features. There is simply no reasoning why and how this features is not a PRIORITY already!

I am really at the end of my patience. It is not normal this feature not to work even with the cellular version of Apple watch. Get a hold of yourselves before starting to loose more customers, the market is already competitive as it is.

fabiobaida
Music Fan

Peter,

Once the development is in place, it will be great to accept this as a solution. Until there, I think it make sense to keep with waiting and with the post open.

Cheers

carlos8munoz
Visitor

this is an absolute joke!!!!!!!!!! I just bought my wife an apple watch with cellular just so she can run without carrying her phone and found out the hard way you can't stream to a watch! this is ridiculous.

I hope you mods are reporting to management that Apple One and issues like this is why will be bleeding paying subscribers.

Raiu
Casual Listener

I was completely let down by Spotify when I got my cellular version of the watch and couldn’t use Spotify. I’ve canceled my premium account and moved to Pandora and Apple Music. 

DesignByAdrian
Gig Goer

The linked idea is OVER FIVE YEARS OLD!

Since then, you have removed more features than you’ve added to all your apps! 

Marc_1971
Casual Listener

it is amazing how you can be "the best" and have a complete lack of awarness that the customers are leaving !!! SPOTIFY get a grip on yourself ...mke the **bleep** app to Apple watch. Period !

SpiDey123
Regular

Just change your policy and do what a agile company has to do: be transparent about ur progress and develpoment. WILL it come? IS it in beta testing? I learned a lot about ur tribe / DevOps stuff, Spotiy. But be transparent. It's most important for a software company. 

albertojeca
Casual Listener

What are you waiting for Spotify? Many people need this feature and I think they will move to apple music if you don't get serious with this. 

Mihail

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your thoughts with the Community!

We’re always testing new products and features to create a better listening experience for our users and have heard your feedback. As @HenrikGinstman has mentioned, there is currently a test going on with improvements to the Apple Watch experience, but we have no further information to share publicly at this time.

In order to have access to all available features, as soon as they are rolled out, you should keep your app updated to the latest version. Make sure to leave your vote in this idea if you haven't already. 

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards

SpiDey123
Regular

Thanks so much. I hope priority of this feature is pretty high, I think many will change to Apple Music if it will not be implemented soon :). 

cptsolo
Casual Listener

I already have an Apple Music account and I am currently transferring my playlists. 
Spotify never listened to us, so I won‘t listen to them anymore!

cptsolo
Casual Listener

No offline mode on the Apple watch, no mini player, massive errors in CarPlay...

We keep asking for stuff and Spotify doesn't care at all. This forum is nonsense. If Apple Music only had my favourite podcast... I'm testing Apple Music and technically its lightyears ahead of Spotify. 

hikerspath
Casual Listener
Would be amazing to see what could happen if Spotify spent the money they do on legal action, on their developers. I would consider coming back from Pandora if they would just write code. They are only hurting themselves by not publishing these requested features. Other developers have figured out how and frankly their services are pretty decent! Time to fight for market share versus whining.

HenrikGinstman
Casual Listener

image.jpg

 it’s in Swedish if you didn’t know, but I think it’s available in the US/UK region too, as well  as worldwide.

roke72
Regular

It works!! Also available in Switzerland. 

SUGGESTED POSTS