Announcements

Apple Watch offline usage?

Highlighted

Re: Apple Watch offline usage?

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here in the Community!

Offline listening on the Apple Watch is something other Spotify users have suggested that they'd like to see in the app.

In this case, we'd recommend adding your +VOTE and feedback in this idea to show your support and contribute to the discussion around this. This way, you can also stay up to speed on any updates we have to pass on.

If you'd like to find out more info on how your feedback reaches Spotify and how an idea can get implemented, we'd suggest checking out this Spotify Answer.

Hope this info is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Highlighted

Regular
My 17 year old brother can add this feature to the spotify app. What is
holding Spotify back from such an easily-added feature that users want?
Highlighted

Visitor

I recently purchased the apple watch series 5 and I have to say I am beyond disappointed in Spotify. I at first thought it was user error that i couldn't connect my headphones but then read all of these posts. What is the point of paying a premium membership when this has been in the works for almost 2 years by the looks of it? The main reason i bought the watch was so i wouldn't have to carry my phone while running and would have access to my playlists...guess i shouldn't have trusted this would be an easy process. Thinking of switching over to Pandora or Apple Music at this point since both seem to be working from my watch. Not great for your paying customers 😕

Highlighted

Visitor

I’m very disappointed in Spotify for not being willing to implement this, clearly loads of people have been asking for it.

If the final answer is that Spotify can’t be bothered then it looks like I’ll be another user of to Apple Music..

Highlighted

I should’ve done more research before choosing the Apple Watch because my main driver was that I could go for a run and listen to Spotify without having to carry my phone... turns out that’s not the case! Super disappointing and like others I’m considering changing to AM simply for this convenience. I would’ve thought being 2020 this would be a pretty standard feature. 

Highlighted

Visitor
Well, I got my watch & airpods this week specifically to go running/kayaking/skiing outside. Dear spotify, I'm starting my 3 month trial of AM today. If there's no update in 3 months, I'm switching entirely.
Highlighted

Billy-J, this doesn't help. Back in 2018 Spotify said it's working on offline ability. Pandora can do it so it's not locked to Apple Music only. We would appreciate actual update on that plan vs a cookie cutter answer about obvious setup that we need an iPhone in order to listen to Spotify ....
Highlighted

The story was Apple were holding back the development which Spotify blamed Apple for, but with the WatchOS Kits that Apple provided to developers last year when WatchOS6, the ball is now on Spotify’s court to make it happen. They have the development tools, the frameworks and kits, it’s us all now waiting on Spotify from what I understand of it all. I don’t understand why they haven’t implemented such features like offline saving on the Apple Watch and Cellular Streaming, it would be such a big move for them, and a game changer for us, and it will mean Spotify can really compete against Apple with Apple Music. 

Highlighted

Regular

Spotify blew $100M signing Joe Rogan so no money  left for app development apparently 

Highlighted

Visitor
Same situation...
SUGGESTED POSTS