Apple Watch offline usage?

Highlighted

Re: Apple Watch offline usage?

Visitor

Why is Spotify so keen to force its customers to Apple Music? Is this an ill conceived experiment to test  the depth of your customer loyalty that you will refuse to build this app and let’s see if Spotify customers who have the Apple Watch  will switch to Apple Music or not?

Highlighted

Visitor

Can’t wait for this to happen! My sole reason for using Apple Music is because I can save music to my watch for when I’m running or working out. I’d much rather switch back to Spotify...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

When is this feature coming?

Come on guys its 2020 now!!!!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi All!

There must be something between Spotify and Apple, as I have been waiting for Spotify offline version since 2018 autumn for my Apple Watch 4, and actually there was the same discussion about it then and there was a guy from Vietnam or some country of Asia who actually got sick of Spotify telling it's not possible (technical difficulties, etc) and created version himself what worked offline, but unfortunately, this got bad feedback from Spotify and was banned.

c'mon SPOTIFY I have been using premium for 5 Years and would not like to move to AM.
Please listen to your users and give us what we really need.

Thank you!
Highlighted

Visitor

In our group of runners, 4 out of 7 ppl who are using Apple Watch were Spotify users but switched to AM because of that missing feature. I myself switched in 2018 and I check from time to time of Spotify did something about it and ... still nothing. It’s a pity because I always preferred Spotify and also I like the idea to not give more money to Apple but ...

Highlighted

Composer

This is a major issue affecting both companies in a negative way. Apple does not want to give Spotify an offline mode without the phone because they want users to use Apple Music instead, which they will allow to have an offline mode without the phone.

I am interested in an Apple Watch, but not being able to play music offline on Spotify will prevent me from buying the Apple Watch. Therefore neither company gets my money

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I too switched from Spotify to AM and am just waiting for Spotify to get**bleep** together and get their Apple Watch app working properly with offline playback.

Spotify have no excuse. They are NOT being roadblocked by Apple, the SDK is there ready for them to use and the ball has been in their court for a year now... and here we are, past and present customers, that are disgruntled/disappointed and switching to AM.

If Spotify paid artists more per stream in line with what they deserve, stopped whinging about Apple and actually built the functionality that they promised I’d have switched back by now because I miss the social capabilities of Spotify and its discover playlists. I must say, I’ve been so upset with how Spotify has been handling this situation and whinging the past couple years that I don’t plan on ever switching back now.

Highlighted

Visitor

Waiting on Spotify to allow Offline Apple Watch listening. Considering the switch back to Apple Music for me and my partner so that we can run without our phones and listen to music.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It‘s a shame that Spotify is still missing this feature. I have free Apple Music subscription until august. If spotify does not deliver until then I will have to quit our family account and subscribe to Apple Music. Listening to music while doing sports wearing my Apple Watch is a main feature for me.

Highlighted

Visitor

Au contraire,  Pandora's Music app downloads music on the watch and has for more than a year.  I know this because it is why I switched.  I WOULD switch back to Spotify but for this single feature.

SUGGESTED POSTS