Highlighted

Re: Apple Watch offline usage?

Regular

https://www.tunemymusic.com

this is free....

Highlighted

Regular

Someone pointed out that Spotify is only available on a Samsung smart watch, so it's entirely possible that some moron exec at Spotify signed some kind of exclusivity deal with Samsung for a period of a year or three and there won't be an app on the Apple Watch until that deal expires.

My Tesla only had the most horrid of streaming services, Slacker, available for years until that exclusive deal Elon Musk made with Slacker for USA customers expired and then Spotify became available.

That's just one explanation though. Other explanations are Spotify/Apple animosity towards each other, Spotify incompetence of laziness or apathy... the list goes on.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
What did you find?
Highlighted

Casual Listener
I read something recently about apple trying to take a share of subscription fees from apps in the App Store. Could be linked.
Highlighted

Regular

A few years ago Spotify acquired a company that had an app that made it possible to listen to Spotify offline in the Apple Watch... but they killed the app.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have already signed up for Apple Music with a three month trial. If Spotify doesn’t support offline I’m switching to Apple Music.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Highlighted

Visitor

Such a non-answer. Why bother posting it?

Highlighted

Visitor

Sevis costs 169 rubles, like Apple. It is not right. Spotify doesn't support playing music on your watch without a phone, so the subscription price should be lower. Maybe guys can't create code in their application? Running with your watch and running your phone at the same time isn't cool!

Highlighted

I recently switch from Apple Music to Spotify when my Tesla started offering a Spotify app onboard...    just bought my wife an AppleWatch for her birthday only to find out Spotify does not support the of use cellular or Wi-Fi streaming!!   I have 10 days to return watch, she’s already asking me to!  Or do I cancel my Spotify Family Plan and go back to Apple Music...the Tesla integration is only thing that differentiates Spotify for me and honestly is a weak app on the car at the moment with some bugs...   happy wife who likes to run and not carry a clunky phone with her is more important so she has cellular on her wrist in case of emergency, but also the benefit of streaming music!   Surprised it’s a big deal for you Spotify to add this?!  I know Apple was not making it easy to start blocking API for third-party apps to use cellular or Wi-Fi streaming, but what is holding you back now??   About to cancel my Spotify account...back to AppleMusic which is catching up on Spotify features..

SUGGESTED POSTS