Apple Watch offline usage?

Jeremy

Hey @ttomovski,

Thank you for your post.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work the way you'd like to. Rest assure we're constantly aiming to improve our features

@Mihail mentioned earlier in this thread that there is currently a test going on with improvements to the Apple Watch experience, but we have no further information to share publicly at this time.

In order to have access to all available features, as soon as they are rolled out, you should keep your app updated to the latest version.

We recommend everyone to leave a +VOTE and subscribe to this thread for any updates.

You can read more about how your feedback reach Spotify here

Cheers 🙂

Re: Apple Watch offline usage?

gabeebees
Casual Listener

it would be best to leave feedback on Apple's end as well since they're the ones that choose which apps will be prioritized to work on their devices. So of course they'll allow Apple music to work as that's their own app matching their device. 

they cause so many developers to change their apps to fit whatever will work for their AppStore. like a painting app i use, i already paid for a lifetime purchase on PC but will be required to pay monthly if i ever choose to buy an iPad. i don't think the developers of the painting app are to blame there -- it's most likely the AppStore giving them so much red tape before they could even launch on Apple devices is to blame imo. lol

gabeebees
Casual Listener
it definitely is politics. it's not a tech issue, they're getting red tape from Apple so it's not really Spotify's fault. Of course Apple Music will work on other devices that ain't apple because they want more money in their pockets but won't do the same thing when it's other apps for their devices.

voip-ninja
Regular

@gabeebees you are presenting your opinion as a fact. It’s not “known” that this is Apple’s fault.  Apple have provided the ability for this functionality to work. 

hassnick
Regular

Sorry guys, that’s simply not the case... 3 years ago it was, but not now. All of the developer resources are there ready to be used exactly how Apple intends them to be, so I highly doubt there is any ‘red tape’ from Apple. It’s honestly more likely that Spotify signed an exclusivity contract like what was mentioned in an earlier post.

whatever it is though, it is years too late to blame Apple for it. 

dannyb2100
Visitor

I've just moved over to Apple Watch from using a Samsung watch. I used the feature a LOT (it's nicer to not take my phone when out running). 
How is this NOT a feature? REALLY annoying having to revert to using my phone. 

EDIT: Corrected some grammar & typos. 

Didorx
Casual Listener

Didorx
Casual Listener

@sroberts221

Sell Tesla & buy Polestar 2.
Cancel Spotify & go back to Apple.
Keep Apple Watch, keep wife happy.

You’re welcome.

mkjellson
Music Fan

To: harbabi 

Cause Spotify believe that we are stupid...

mkjellson
Music Fan
SPOTIFY....!!!!!!!!!
You might have some not very valid answers to why offline on Apple Watch is not lauched yet, BUT how about live streaming on a watch with e-sim, that is not even an offline feature, just a device like all others...!!

Giro87

Please note, that there was a working app for doing exactly this 3 1/2 years ago - called Spotty. Just google it.

In the end Spotify hired the developer and the project seized to exist.

It vanished into thin air.

Murdered by Spotify.

Never to be seen again.

Dead since ~ June 2017.

Rest in Peace, Spotty.

So ... keep that in mind when considering if you really think Spotify would EVER bring this feature to Applewatch.

SUGGESTED POSTS