Apple Watch still defaulting to old account

Apple Watch still defaulting to old account

Plan Family

Premium

USA account

Device iPhone 13 Pro

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My wife and I bought Apple Watches so we could run and stream music without our phones. We have been sharing an account but it was so frustrating only having one person at a time being able to use the account, we finally broke down and purchased the family plan. I added her to my account. We logged her out on the app on her phone and got her playlists all sorted out. It works fine, we can both listen to our own accounts now. However, when she goes for a run, as soon as her watch gets out of range from her phone it defaults back to my account and we're right back where we started... only one user at a time. I've tried soft resets, uninstall reinstalls on both the phone and watch, logging out and logging back in. The only thing I have not tried is completely wiping the watch and doing a hard reset. I would really prefer not to do it but I will if it will work, just need to make sure I save a backup correctly. Suggestions?

2 Replies

Obviously logged her back into her phone with her own account

Hey @kdsnovin29,

Thanks for reaching out.

If you're having trouble disconnecting your account from the watch, the best option would be to reset it, as this will clear all pre-saved data from it. For any tips on how to backup your data, we'd suggest reaching out to Apple support.

We hope this helps!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts