Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Apple Watch: Spotify Streaming and Offline Listening

Apple Watch: Offline Listening

watchOS 5 should allow Spotify to develop an app that allows offline listening and streaming via cellular data.

Vote here to show your support for this development!

Updated on 2021-07-20

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

Тhis has been one of our most upvoted ideas and we've known it's something that our users would really like to see come true. 
We're happy to announce that this feature will now become available for the Apple Watch Series 3 or later.

It will be gradually rolled out, so it might take a bit until everybody has access to it.  That being said, we'd like to let you know that the roll-out rate has increased a lot in the last weeks, so if you haven't received the feature in the past, try reinstalling the app on your watch again and there's a big chance you'll get Offline listening now.

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better and voting to make this happen, here on the Community.

Comments
DancingNerd

I want to be able to save my spotify music offline on my watch for a run.

Jordi

Hi there and welcome to the community,

At the moment there is no Watch app available.

You may want to add kudos to the ideas below, any future updates will be announced there:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Spotify-on-Apple-Watch/idi-p/914915

Dear Spotify & Users

Apple watch has the ability to upload music.  Currently this works well with iTunes.  A very useful feature would be for Spotify (Premium) users, who can already listen to tracks offline, to be able to upload playlists directly into the phone.  Such lists, created in Spotify on the desktop or Spotify iPhone App and visible in the Spotify iPhone App, could be saved on the Apple Watch hard drive which currently has the option to accommodate 2 GB or 250 songs.  This would remove the need to carry a phone when doing exercise and prevent iTunes from cornering the market.

Apple has a watch kit that should enable you to do this.  Please let us know if this is something that you can and will implement.

Best regards

Michael

Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉
However there needs to be a Spotify app for the Apple Watch first, so please support this idea.

Pcaledo
Hi there, I am spotify premium member, however I have bought an Apple Watch and I am so sad because there aren't App to Watch and now with Apple Music, I believe spotify cannot develop this app....so maybe I must leave to be a member of spotify Servicios.
Do spotify the intention to up the Spotify Apple Watch Apps?
I hope so....and soon or be late.
Nickd91
You can use "Joy" Apple Watch app for Spotify
Pcaledo
Thanks for your reply, ok I can use Joy, however I would like to know if Spotify is going to do the app to Apple watch or the only one solution is joy?
Joy is not the "official" app of Spotify, isn't there?
Pcaledo

Not, at the moment you cannot use Spotify with your Apple Watch for running. It is a pity because I have the same problem I am a premium member since years and now I am going to change to Apple music because I cannot use it without my iPhone. 

In you pr Apple watch is so easy, open the Watch app and in the Music you must sincronyce one list (chosen number of songs or size of playlist) and open the music from your watch....., chose the device for listing and be free.....

i hope spotify can do it........, dead or alive........I hope so

bob2211
Is there any update on this? Can't just be that Spotify as the no one music streaming service is too dumb to build a small Apple Watch app to hear music directly from you watch.
MattSuda

Hey @bob2211

I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before they have an Apple Watch app. They already have an Android Wear watch app.