Apple Watch support with watchOS 5?

Re: Apple Watch support with watchOS 5?

Ghislainb
Casual Listener

I ordered yesterday an Apple Watch, because I found a solution to listen to my Spotify playlists with my future Apple Watch offline, without my iPhone.

It is an App that converts your Spotify Music into MP3 files. The name is Sidify Music Converter for Spotify. So after you can uploade the MP3 files in iTunes and you synchronize the playlists with Apple Watch. I tested it, it seems to work well, not very fast, but OK, to synchronize 2-3 albums to go running. I don't know if it's really legal... Not the best solution, but can help for a few weeks. Spotify teams, we want a really app !! Otherwise, I will seriously thing to migrate to Apple Music.

mcliff

I couldn't agree more with this post and the replies. Providing an Apple Watch app allowing offline music seems like something that is obvious at this point. I just bought my first smartwatch in the Apple Watch 4 and was really surprised when I went to use Spotify and found out it didn't support it. When I got the Apple Watch I was most excited to be able to run with just my watch and AirPods, no phone. Though I've been a Spotify member for a while and like the suggestions better, it might make sense for me to switch over to Apple Music if this feature is not provided.

swords1010

I will be switching too if they don’t announce anything by the end of this year. So frustrating how they won’t even communicate.

Highlighted

paralipomena

I'm waiting for a Spotify app for Apple Watch, as well. I've already started the trial period for Apple music. I like it a lot, but I'd hate to have to leave Spotify. If nothing happens during the three-month trial period, I'll switch though. Being able to listen to music while working out without taking my phone with me is amazing. Please, Spotify, build this app!

HaywooDiablo

Apple Watch support is a MUST!  Please bring us our favorite service, thank you.

jumpaz
Casual Listener

I will also switch to an Apple Music subscription. Although there is an app called watchify, this is just a remote control for the smartphone app. I want to stream my music directly from the Watch when im doing sport. I'm a longtime Spotify user and have always defended against Apple Music, but I think it's time for a change.

mcgeenz
Casual Listener

Also looking at switching over to Apple Music. Been a long-time supporter of Spotify, really love it but also agree it’s time to get it together.

Make an announcement, request beta testers, share some cheeky preview pics anything would be a start .

gessi1337
Casual Listener

Hey,

still no progress in this case? Pffff... i have switched a year ago to apple music because of this feature! Build it, the api is there...

Cant understand why this take so long....

JustaoUser

Pretty simple answer Spotify doesn't care about ther users I made the switch to Apple Music to and I am not coming back a company that does not respect me will never have my money ! 

Hope you get a lot of people doing the same and leaving you ! 

mcgeenz
Casual Listener
SUGGESTED POSTS