Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading on Apple Watch stuck at first song

Hey folks,

We're receiving reports that some users are unable to download music for offline listening on their Apple Watches. The download is stuck on the first song and doesn't progress.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to Subscribe to this thread. 

Thanks! 

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your inputs and patience so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
Claretnbluefonz

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 11 Pro)
Operating System

(iOS 14.7)
Spotify Version

My Question or Issue

I have selected the option to download to apple watch but the playlist remains at 1 of x downloading and nothing happens. I have tried re-installing the app. Turning the Bluetooth and WiFi on and off, restarting the phone and watch but the playlist will not download. They are on the same WiFi network. I have tried playing the playlist from my watch as I've seen other people say this started the download for them but the playlist is still not downloading

Inspired1994

I had the same issue.

I've deactivated the passcode for the apple watch and rebooted the iphone an apple watch again.

Then the downloads started.

Bizzard
Doesnt work for me either.. Tried rebooting bluetooth connection.. Reinstalling app on warch..
Nothing works..
Stuck at 1 of x..
UmpaIumpa

Surely you're not going to tell me this is normal? It's been stuck at downloading the first song for over 20 hours!

Joe418

Same here and streaming does not work as well. White watch logo keeps flashing and keeps trying to connect endlessly... Hence, watch is still a simple remote.....

carlbarkerjr

have had this issue all day, Spotify support has recommended many things, none worked. Tried the passcode fix also but no luck with that.

carlbarkerjr

was able to be fixed on my end by playing the playlist I was trying to download from watch to AirPods while attempting to download it.

Chiskon

The fix (playing the playlist on the iWatch while  trying to download it) worked for me 🙂 of course after it was stuck on downloading for hours…

Ver

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting here 🙂

It's a good idea to check if there are any pending updates for both your phone and watch.

You can also try connecting your watch to a charger to start the download. Are there any changes?

Keep us in loop.

jacob_baynham

I am having the same issue. Is it necessary to be on WiFi for the downloads to begin? Can it not be done via cellular + Bluetooth? I have tried both but curious if WiFi is a baseline dependency. Thanks!