Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Apple TV “Something went wrong Error 200”

We've received reports from Apple TV users that they get an error message "Something went wrong Error 200” attempting to open Spotify.

This is being investigated.

Awesome! Thanks for confirming folks, and for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone! Note that you may need to restart your Apple TV in order for the changes to take effect, so make sure to give it a try, if you haven't already.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Take care.

Comments
Msperli

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Apple TV

My Question or Issue

Receive “Something went wrong Error 200” when attempting to open Spotify on Apple TV.

Rebooted WiFi, deleted and reinstalled app, unplugged & restarted Apple TV. 

Appears a similar issue was resolved in 2020.

Help Please

seorah

same my tv says error 200 but it was still playing music and ive restarted everything pls help spotify!

MegS2013

I really hate when a company doesn't have dedicated support for times like this. It feels like we're all ushered into a forum and told to help each other when a phone call or even chat could be faster. It's an even worse situation when that company with no support is a paid subscription. What is the non-descriptive Error 200?

CarlosChaco

Mine just started with that error 200 and I’ve rebooted all! 

roddovlin

Same here. Tried all the usual fixes to no avail. Paid subscriber so it’s even worse. Is it just me or do both Apple Music and Spotify need a lot of work? 

hardingworld

I’m having the same problem. 

dmnapolitano

Same issue here, tried restarting Apple TV, deleting and reinstalling the app, no good! And just started today, just like everyone else in this post (dated today, 10/10/23). Thanks!

MorningThief581

Same here. Just started experiencing this on 10/10. Have used Spotify on Apple TV for years previously without issue. 

ChristinaRuth

Same here! Restarted and reinstalled all the things but with no luck.

B291
  •