Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist album not available offline

Solved!

Artist album not available offline

I know that I've seen this issue elsewhere on the forums before, however I just spent the last 20 minutes searching and I can't find any related posts.

Whenever I am listening to song offline I cannot sect the artist or the album, I can only view the playlist it's in. When I do a search for artist or album it returns all search results as track listings, I can only play music off of that particular list if I want to hear anything more specific I have to do a narrower search. Any fixes for this.

Dell XPS Duel core laptop, 4 gb ram, windows vista, winamp
Samsung Galaxy s3
Ipod 32gb 5th generation

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I believe this is normal, as how can it get album info without an internet connection?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

I believe this is normal, as how can it get album info without an internet connection?

That shouldn't really be much of a problem considering your syncing a couble of mbs worth of music, adding a couple of kbs worth of text and album art should be fairly easy.

Samsung Galaxy s3
Ipod 32gb 5th generation

I think its a little more complicated than that, since you are trying to access a page which requires a query to the Spotify servers. The application could (if designed that way) download a whole heap of data but it is impractical to download everything you might want to view when offline. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Actually it's not any more complicated than that, your simply overreaching, my winamp can still file and store all of my music by any means that I choose, including by artist, album, play counts, ratings and so on, using very littlle data while OFFLINE. It is not that difficult. I don't need complete bio's, chart histories, dmv records or birth certificates, merely a simple bit of code that says - so-and-so artist located in this file.    Not hard.

Samsung Galaxy s3
Ipod 32gb 5th generation

Suggested posts