Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist app crash

Solved!

Artist app crash

Every time I try to get to an artist's page my app would crash. But I can access an album or a song easily. This is the first time it's ever happened to me. Any reason why?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Peralesmatthew, welcome to the Spotify Community!

This issue should now be fixed. Can you let me know if this is still happening after logging out and back in?

If the issue persists, let me know your operating system version and version of Spotify. I'll then see what else I can suggest 🙂

View solution in original post

22 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Peralesmatthew, welcome to the Spotify Community!

This issue should now be fixed. Can you let me know if this is still happening after logging out and back in?

If the issue persists, let me know your operating system version and version of Spotify. I'll then see what else I can suggest 🙂

Good to know!! Thank you!!

Spotify still crash when I go on the artist page. I re installed the app, I re start android and I empty the cash. Still doing... This is sooo annoying. If I won't find a solution I will leave spotify! 

Same issue

I thought artist app crash might be a new issue happening to me! But, there's already a post of 2017 of crashing issues! 

This is happening to me too! Tried all the recommended solutions in the comments sections! 

The problem still persists! So far is there no fix from team Spotify?

I finally managed to chat with someone from Spotify and I have been told to remove and insert again my sd card or format it. It actually worked. 

My Android app has started crashing when I try to view artist. This was not an issue a few days ago. Any help would be appreciated. I can't follow an artist because of this annoying issue!

This is savage! You have to let go of all the data stored on SD card to restore account? And what about people who only have internal memory like my phone?

Hey @QuarionaX@1rishabhmehta@mattiacevolani@LUC1FER 

Did you try and look for an Update of Spotify, restart your device, reinstall the app, clear the cache? It may help your app to work again because it then has like a "fresh" start.

Let me know how it goes, and have a nice Day 🙂

1. I tried all of that but it still crashes whenever I open an Artist's page. Why is the Android app so poorly supported? I really don't get it. The iPhone app is really well developed.

Usually the problem is gone if you just give it some "time" weird to say but sometimes my app crashes too and I leave the app "alone" and wait a bit and it works again , I know it is not really helpful but it's the only thing left

I had this same issue since past few hours, I have OnePlus 6.

Enabling Storage permission for Spotify app seems to do the trick, I can open View Artist menu now.

Give it a shot.

@Heythatsme Yes, and that would imply some sort of connectivity issue, either from the app or Spotify. Let's hope they fix this.

Yeah lol it started working now. Really weird.

Yep, did all that! As a last report, I reached out to customer care team and they tried to give me a guest login, through which the app didn't crash!
So, the solution they suggested me to delete my account and recreate a new one with the same email id which again didn't work! They said they will look into it and get back to me!

Damnnnn! It worked! Thanks so much

Deleting an account is a dumb idea. Why are you excited ??

Because spotify's team had informed me that they my account settings would be restored, which they did!

All I did was go into the setting which is in the top right corner, and went right down to the bottom and pressed storage and transferred all the storage to my SD card and it work. I am on my tablet not on PC.

Suggested posts