Plan

Premium

Country

Estonia

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Was trying to find songs from a specific artist in a playlist and it wouldn’t work. Re-installed the app and still doesn’t work. Looks like I can only search by song name and not artist name. The issue is with synced local files in normal playlists. Searching by artist name in Liked Songs playlist is able to find liked synced local files by that artist. 

Spotify version 8.6.12

D11021FA-FDF6-4DA7-B8F3-F4B6C7313F31.png

D3C53899-CB3A-47F9-82C3-5F55A81F1C36.png

5 Replies

Hey there @AeroZ,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Searching for Local files in the app might not always be as expected, as it depends on the format of the files themselves. This can also vary on the original playlist and the Liked Songs playlist as they appear on the latter only for offline listening.

If you need to search for a specific artist on your Local files, we recommend to keep doing it from your Liked Songs playlist if that way is giving you the desired results.

We hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, we'll be right here.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

The only problem with searching them in Liked Songs playlist is that I don’t have them all saved to Liked Songs. I got a Synced Local Files playlist to sync all of the local files to my phone. I have multiple albums synced as well and not all of those are Liked because I don’t want to listen to intros, skits and such when listening to Liked Songs playlist.

The format of the files is mp3 and it doesn’t seem to be the issue here since I’m able to search all of those songs from the Liked Songs playlist if they’re saved there. 

Hi again @AeroZ,

Thanks for your reply.

We understand where you're coming from. However, this can vary depending on the type and name of the actual file and might not work the same in the original Local files playlist and in your Liked Songs playlist.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're always a post away in case you need a hand with anything else.

Take care.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This is not a file issue. It's a "this used to work and now it doesn't" issue.

This has nothing to do with that even in liked songs you can't find what you're looking for by searching the artist it used to work without a problem in fact this is a basic thing for all other streaming platform even in normal music player apps to be able to search a song by the artist it's really annoyingand it's ruining the experience and the worst this problem is both in Android and Desktop. 

Suggested posts