Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists playlists and liked songs

Solved!

Artists playlists and liked songs

The Artists playlists used to show all the artists for whom you had liked songs. That was changed so it now only shows artists who you are following. OK so I have followed all those artists I want to appear in the Artists' list. Bit of a pain, but now I have done it and it's not that big an issue.

But here is a MASSIVE issue for me. I have just updated Spotify on my phone and when I go into one of my Artist playlists I no longer get the list of songs I have liked. I get the artists page ie every **bleep** thing. I don't like every song by an artist. Some I really hate and some I really love. And I have gone to the trouble of selecting and liking the ones I want to listen to and now they're not there! This is such an incredibly stupid change it makes me doubt (even more) that I want to remain with Spotify.

On the desktop app the artists' lists still only contain the liked songs and (such a simple, but good idea) a link to the Artists' page should I actually want to visit it. Presumably that is also going to be stupidly changed at some point in the near future. 

It is just so annoying to get used to the way specific features work and to tailor your libraries accordingly only to have them pulled from beneath your feet and to find nothing works the way you like it to any more. Spotify just keeps doing this. Of course, I understand that every one is different. I understand that some (crazy) people may prefer for the Artists' list not to contain just the songs they have taken the trouble to like, but absolutely everything including the **bleep** they hate.

However, it means for me that I am now going to have spend for ever creating a new playlist for all the artists I like and there's an awful lot of them!

But then I've had this wild idea. I think it could revolutionise the IT world. How about a page called uhm... oh, I don't know, how about something like "Preferences"?  And on that page you could do something mad like choose options as to how you want things to work? 

So instead of unilaterally robbing me of all my artists liked songs grouped exactly where I want them all because some lunatic wants to see the entire artists' page instead, there could be options to, oh I don't know, maybe choose stuff. How about:

Artists' Lists

Show artists page

Show liked songs + link to artists page

Mad stuff I know. But one day it may catch on. In the meantime there's always Apple, which totally p***es me off as I so want to support a European company, but I'm not prepared to support one for very much longer that continues to conduct itself in such an arbitrary and senseless way.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @MarkWilliams123

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We're sorry to hear how this issue made you feel, but no worries - we're working on it. If you can't see your liked songs sorted by artist under the Artists tab you might be experiencing a known issue we're currently aware of. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. Keep in mind the more votes and info we gather from our users, the closer we'll get to finding the solution.   

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies

And just can I say, Spotify, if you are thinking about it, do not please simply revert to adding all artists for whom you have liked a song to the Artists library. Some people may like that. Now I have gone to the trouble of following all the artists I want in the Artists' library I don't want it to work that way any more. However, because we are all different, you could always make it an option in this ground breaking new Preferences page you are about to create?

Artists Library
Include every artist with liked songs
Include only artists you are following

Genius stuff hey?
Marked as solution

Hey there @MarkWilliams123

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We're sorry to hear how this issue made you feel, but no worries - we're working on it. If you can't see your liked songs sorted by artist under the Artists tab you might be experiencing a known issue we're currently aware of. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this. Keep in mind the more votes and info we gather from our users, the closer we'll get to finding the solution.   

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.  

For some unknown reason, spotify did it again. My desktop client does not show me my liked songs of an artist.... which makes this thread unsolved again.

Hey @provinzio,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend you run a clean reinstall of the app following the exact steps described in this Guide.

Let us know if that helped.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts