Plan

Premium

Country Australia 

Device

(iPhone 6+

Operating System

(Latest iOS - as always)

My Question or Issue

audio starts to lag and gets choppy - sounds like ones and zeros breaking down. Similar to a CD skipping. Basically my songs are interrelated as it feels like a connection issue but the audio becomes harsh and well...digitally choppy. Has happened for 2 weeks now on and off and is random. It truest is annoying. Surely others are getting this issue. 

Pls note no other audio app or service on my phone is impacted as I’ve tested these at time and location of Spotify fault. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

To me it sounds more like a connectivity issue. Are you using your home WiFi access point or cellular? In Spotify settings try turning on the following and check if this helps:

1. Data Saver -> On
2. Music Quality -> Automatic (or even low).

You can reset these settings later. but, just to trouble shoot that it's not network connectivity. Both options will use the least amount of data and shouldn't be buffering so you should notice less stutter.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

G'day mate,

Just to be sure. Are you listening to Spotify on your phone, or is it connected to a speaker like a Bluetooth device?

Phone and wired headphones - not Bluetooth speaker.
Marked as solution

To me it sounds more like a connectivity issue. Are you using your home WiFi access point or cellular? In Spotify settings try turning on the following and check if this helps:

1. Data Saver -> On
2. Music Quality -> Automatic (or even low).

You can reset these settings later. but, just to trouble shoot that it's not network connectivity. Both options will use the least amount of data and shouldn't be buffering so you should notice less stutter.

Yes it turns out I wanted the best quality audio and when it could not stream fast enough it would provide an awful digital skipping type noise. 

This is is resolved by selecting auto quality setting. 

Mid rather select high quality and wait for a pause while buffering than have to get awful digital chop. 

Thx for your support guys. 

Hi there,

Glad to have helped 🙂

If you don't mind, please select my previous post with the solution and set it as a "solution". This way, others who are experiencing the same issue can more easily find the solution.

Thanks!

Grts,

^R

Suggested posts