Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio unclear

Audio unclear

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

iPhone 5s, iPad 9.7 2018

Operating System

5s: 12.4, iPad: 13.3.1

My Question or Issue

This problem started occurring yesterday. I use Positive Vibration(House of Marley) to listen to Spotify. While listening, (iPhone was locked, no interaction), the audio changed mid-track. The audio now play like:

- The vocal is the least audible

- The instruments are most audible

Earlier it was normal, the vocals being most audible then the instruments, then any other sound. I tried uninstalling Spotify, but no change. The vocal part of the song is barely audible. Even in the Spotify advert, only the music can be heard and not the person speaking.

I also tried playing music on speaker, but the same thing happens.

I tried on my iPad, and the audio is perfectly normal on it. I am not sure what the problem is. I have tried every single equaliser setting, and also tried disabling, but to no avail. (Any other music app plays audio normally).

what can I do to fix this problem?

2 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Try updating your 5s to iOS 12.4.4. Test it with other audio tracks and check your audio settings to see if that makes a difference.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello!
Thank you for the reply.
I have restarted many times, cleared cache, checked audio settings, done
fresh install 5 times. I have updated and tried but to no avail. There is
update 12.4.5 available which I will install and get back to you.

edit: On 12.4.5 still no change. App version is 8.5.42

Suggested posts