Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audiobook not playing - Something went wrong

Audiobook not playing - Something went wrong

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Operating System

iOS 12.1.2

My Question or Issue

Some audiobooks not playing, even the ones I downloaded, no titles are shown.

When I go to an album I just get the message โ€žSomething went wrong - try againโ€œ of course pressing โ€žtry againโ€œ does absolutely nothing.

Audiobooks that are not playing (German Spotify) are for example:

Simon Beckett - Totenfang

Simon Beckett - Die Chemie des Todes

Diana Gabaldon - all of the albums

Listening to audiobooks on Spotify has always been a pain, but not being able to listen to them at all, even though that is the main reason Iโ€™m paying for the service is on another level of awful.

AF3581A2-18AB-4D93-A72C-15ED3FB6E460.png
9 Replies

same problem here. Many Audiobooks are missing. Second issue is that only 50 tracks per album are shown, so that its impossible to end the audiobooks.

Edit: Saw that they fixxed the 50 tracks issue. Still many audiobooks are missing ๐Ÿ˜ž

Same Problem here. Not all audiobooks throw the error, but too many ๐Ÿ™

Same problem here - iphone XR, iOS 12.2, latest Spotify-Update & iPhone 6s, iOS 12.1.2.

Previous only first 50 track loadable - after App-Update Audiobooks not loadable - "something went wrong"

Same Audiobook works on Android and Mac-OS (e.g. all Audiobooks from Alexandra Zรถbeli, most of Dan Brown).

astroeher

did you try to reinstall or update the app? that usually works for me.

I logged out from Spotify, uninstalled and reinstalled.

No changes, problem still exists.

iOS 12.1.4, iPhone X AND iPad pro 9,7", App 8.4.98.741

Windows and Mac no problems

Cheers

Klaus

Just for the records ;-).

Till now: three times did the following procedure:

Spotify clear cache - log out - delete App spotifiy - turn off iPhone

Turn iPhone on again - install Spotify - login Spotify

Search audiobook - click on it - "Something went wrong".

Done on both phones with iOS 12.1.x (and one time on XR with 12.2).

And as much as I know - my Account is calles PREMIUM Family, not pre-alpha-tester...

So I anticipate, that the App works as desired and not to de/reinstall an App for hours to get no result at all...

astroeher 

I contacted them and was informed they are working on a solution. Hopefully thatโ€™s true as I'm not sure how close German customer service is to the actual developers...

Dont bother complaining about being a paying customer, though, I was very helpfully informed that they canโ€™t refund any payments that are older than 14 days and that I could always cancel my premium account the next month. Great service, huh?

"Geile Antwort" - so I should cancel my subscription with the end of March, before renewing it on April 1st!

Maybe I'll give Apple Music a (free 3-month) try?

Thanks for the information about "paying customer support" ;-).

astroeher

Ok, so they seemed to have โ€žfixedโ€œ something, because the โ€žsomething went wrongโ€œ message is gone.

Weirdly without an app update, so it seemed maybe it was some server side issue?

It also isnโ€™t really fixed, because now they have the same problem as they used to have some time before where they only showed 50 titles, only now itโ€™s 300 titles.

Someone must have thought โ€žeh, should be plentyโ€œ.

No. No. It isnโ€™t. Most of the longer audiobooks have more than 600 titles, so this just makes is another problem. Thanks for just not thinking about people listening to audiobooks AT ALL when developing / fixing things.

Suggested posts