Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audiobooks Show only first 50 tracks

Audiobooks Show only first 50 tracks

Device

iPhone X (2017)

Operating System

iOS 12.1.3

Spotify Version

Account Type:

Family Premium

system Language:

German

My Question or Issue

Dear Community, 

I listen to audiobooks on a daily basis. Since today afternoon, any audiobook shows only the first 50 tracks. 

When starting a track higher than „chapter 50“ from a WhatsApp-Link, it works. Still, the subsequent songs won‘t play and Spotify jumps to a random song between 1 and 50. 

Shuffle is off. And I didn‘t change any setting. 

On a friend‘s iPhone XS everything works fine... comparing all settings we didn‘t find any differences. 

Someone got an idea? 

61242FDA-385A-4B4D-971B-CEE117256DDA.png
7FC57F37-BDF4-4293-AAAB-3A04EFE00921.png
6 Replies

I just checked with my Android Tablet: the failure is not present there, this only related to my iPhone app... In the meantime, I uninstalled and reinstalled, which was no help whatsoever. Of course, I restarted my iPhone also. 

Two more details on this topic (See Screenshots attached)

When I hit the „Download“ Button Spotify seems to download all 273 Songs from my example audiobook „Oxen - das erste Opfer“, even though it doesn‘t show it in the track list.

Secondly, I just realized the buttons in the control menu changed, e.g the „repeat playlist“ button vanished, the three dots vanished (from where I used the „share“ function) and the „share“ now got a new, direct button... spooky! 

F451367D-25A5-4BF4-B1C8-C40961A1FC7A.png
0D172E04-CED4-4B8C-A867-56582EC51400.png

By accident, this problem has been opened twice.

DO NOT ANSWER HERE, MORE PEOPLE FOLLOW the equal-named other thread (unfortunately, the mask does not allow me to insert the hyperlink, sorry)

After all, I found an easy workaround: 

You can click the three dots in the top right corner and add the album to a new playlist - then you have all songs listed and in correct order. 

Still quite a weak performance by Spotify, I hope they will fix it sometime soon. 

I have the same problem.

iPhone XS Max

iOS Version 12.1.3

Spotify Version 8.4.91.903

All albums with more than 50 tracks are cut off. My colleague with the same

Spotify version

iPhone 8+

iOS Version Beta 12.2

does not have the problem at all.

My Android phone works fine too. Using the web browser I can see all tracks as well. 

I even deleted and reinstalled my app, but nothing changed. 

Since I am listening to audiobooks most of the time, the app is kind of useless for me at the moment. To keep track of everything I use the playlists for music albums only. 

It would be great if Spotify could fix this. 

Same here

On my Iphone it's the same behaviour (Iphone X). On the same Version on a different device it worked fine with my account.

I had contact with the support but they told me to wait for an answer here. So pls. Spotify what can we do, the app is a bit usless like that and you still get my monthly fee.

Suggested posts