Auto play is not working

Highlighted

Re: Auto play is not working

Composer

The OP is talking about auto play not working if a song from search result is played. 

Highlighted

Re: Autoplay not working correctly

Music Fan

Autoplay on Spotify does not work period. I don’t like to come off as a sarcastic pita. But I dropped Apple Music for Spotify. And never had I had to do a clean reinstall, or anything else to make auto play on Apple Music work, it just did. A fixable solution, would be appreciated, thank you

Highlighted

Regular

INdeed, the problem is back for me now. Most of the times when I select a song from the search results autoplay does not play until I go back to the search results and reselect/restart the same song.

Highlighted

Hey @Sheephead77,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. Since a clean reinstall solved it last time, it seem that there may be something interfering with the apps cache. Could you let us know if you have any cache clearing or battery optimization apps and if you do - add Spotify as an exception? Keep in mind that even if you haven't downloaded any such apps yourself, some devices have them preinstalled. 

Once this is done, performing a clean reinstall once more should resolve the issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes. We're always one reply away.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Regular

No such apps or anything. This probem started on my iPhone suddenly, only recent new nachge was iOS update to 14

Highlighted

Regular
A clean reinstall seems to fix the problem, only for it to return quite quickly.
Highlighted

Hey @Sheephead77,

Thanks for your post.

We appreciate your report about this behavior and passed it along to the right folks at out developer team. We can't say if and when exactly this will be fixed, but we recommend that you always keep the app up to date with the latest version. That way you'll make use of all features and fixes, as soon as they are made available.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

MihailModerator

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Music Fan

Same here, I did the reinstall more than once. My guess, it’s a bug with the app. Hopefully Spotify has a fix soon. 

Highlighted

Visitor

For me, autoplay works on Android not doesn’t work on iOS. 

Highlighted

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

We'd suggest you restart your phone and then to log out and log back in again. If that doesn't do the trick, you can try these steps and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the cache is not leading to any issues.

Does the issue persist when you try with another account? 

You can also send us a screen recording of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar
SUGGESTED POSTS