Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Automatic switch song

Automatic switch song

Brief description of the issue:  During playlist playback the song will switch to random Thai songs that i have never listened to.  It is very hard to reproduce as the song change is random.

Steps to reproduce the issue:

1. I listen to ANY playlist in my library.
  2. Randomly the song cuts out and a song not on the playlist will play.
  3. It switches to a playlist of one song so it is impossible to skip over it.
  4. Example Songs:
    1. Like A Star - Thi Ngoc Kendy
    2. Call Me Maybe - Thi Ngoc Kendy

What steps you’ve tried already:  I have removed all apps from my account with the exception of shazam and alexa.

Your device and operating system (e.g. iPhone 5, iOS 8): Iphone 6s, iOS 10.3.1

Type of Spotify account you have (Free or Premium): Premium

The app version of Spotify you’re using: 8.3.0896

1 Reply

Hey @wwhawkww, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you try a couple things and then let me know if the problem still continues?

1) On Spotify.com, go to your Account page and change your password. While some users have said that this hasn't fixed their problem, it has worked in other cases. (Facebook users have to change their Facebook password instead.)

2) Also on your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you do this as well as change your password then the problem should disappear.

3) Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list. I currently have 3 apps connected.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Suggested posts