Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Automatically Skipping Every Other Song

Solved!

Automatically Skipping Every Other Song

Since the 8.5.80 update, the app has been skipping songs. Instead of playing the songs in the order of the queue, it will always skip exactly one song.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone XR

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @wild37bore and @hamhaw

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your iPhone. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. @hamhaw In case you experience this with the web player as well we suggest you try again in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.    

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Turned out to be two of my Google Minis - had to factory reset them and am good now, or so far.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

same just got this problem and i can't fix this. It's so annoying. For some reason it works fine on my iphone XS but it might be because i haven't updated my phone yet. However on my pc it just keeps skipping. As well as on the web player
Marked as solution

Hey there @wild37bore and @hamhaw

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Most common issues can be fixed with a quick reinstall of the app. In some situations however, a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app might be needed. This way, you can start afresh with Spotify on your iPhone. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. @hamhaw In case you experience this with the web player as well we suggest you try again in a private/incognito window. This step makes sure you avoid issues with your browser's cache. If that doesn't do the trick try again in a different kind of browser.    

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Please can´t you answer in an automatic and useless fashion? Excuse me that I am a bit rude but I did 1 hour in research to get this problem fixed and it is still not working. I am a paying consumer since many years and this software can´t do one simple job: playing a single song without skipping to the next. So please tell me how to fix this problem. I already did the following:

x) Deactivated every sound system in the Windows Sound Settings so that only my speaker is activated.

x) Reinstalled Spotify

x) Reinstalled Audio Drivers

x) Set my sound settings to default in my Windows Sound Settings

x) And did some resets in the service tools of Windows in the Audio Endpoit settings. Don´t know exactly how its called anymore.

Your software is doing a good job for me to provide me another reason to go to another company.

Thanks in advance, maybe we can get real help here too.

Hi, I followed your instructions and still have the problem

Hey there @-chalala- and @Abol65,

Thanks for reaching out to us.   

@-chalala- Do you observe this on your mobile device or PC? Make sure to check if the issue occurs on other devices as well. This will help us find out if it could be device-related.  

@Abol65 If none of the troubleshooting steps you tried did the trick for you we suggest checking out this Ongoing Issue and clicking on the +VOTE to support our investigation. You can also Subscribe to get notified about any updates on this.       

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

This happens intermittently and it's very frustrating. Even a quick Google search shows its a long lasting problem within the community which means there should be a better solution from Spotify than "reinstall your app"

I'm running off a Mac, iPhone, IPad, Google Home, and multiple Google Minis...how many apps do I need to reinstall or reset?  And how can the problem be an app if it doesn't matter where I initiate the play?

Hey there @nauticalinfidel,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Just to make sure-does the issue occur on another device? That way we can see if it's a device-related issue.

If it occurs on different devices, we'd suggest you try with another account. Does the issue persist?

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

Turned out to be two of my Google Minis - had to factory reset them and am good now, or so far.

Hey there @nauticalinfidel,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop about this.

Glad to hear that doing a factory reset of your devices did the trick!

With this in mind we hope you don't mind us marking your post as the solution so that it can be more visible for other users experiencing this.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with, have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator

It's not the solution for me. I have a normal windows 10 PC and the songs keep skipping since 6 months or so. It is not possible to use Spotify on this system and the support doesn't help. Great.

Hey there @Abol65,

Thanks for adding that!

You mention in a previous message that you've tried reinstalling the app. Just to clarify, did you try a thorough reinstallation of the app with these steps as well? If not, we'd suggest giving that a try since it helps with issues like this. 

Further, we'd suggest giving it another try using a different connection to see if that helps.

If that still doesn't do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could share some additional details on your setup, including the exact version of Spotify you're on. It'd be also useful if you could share a screenshot or screen recording of the issue as it happens on your device so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that there's no private/sensitive info displayed.

Keep us posted, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Suggested posts