Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Available Offline Only Filter: Not showing all offline content

Available Offline Only Filter: Not showing all offline content

Hey,

Situation: 1 playlist folder with 4 playlists in it.

When I set only one playlist to be used offline: this playlist is not shown if the filter is set to "Available Offline Only".

If you set all 4 playlists to be used offline, the folder with the playlists is shown when you apply the filter.

So the filter is not doing what it is supposed to do !

Is this a bug? Or as designed?

More info: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Only-show-available-playlists-whilst-offline/idi-p/568...

Regards.

6 Replies

@skegels If i understand it well - it still shows the offline playlists but not directly to the user directly (If they are in folders?)

Possible to provide screenshots?

I've seen the topic it shows that the sorting is worked out.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hey,

If you apply the filter (Your Music -> Playlists -> Filter: Available Offline Only)  these offline playlists are not shown!

When you click the button "Show All" then, offcourse, you can select these offline playlist.

So, if you want a playlist to be shown when you apply this filter you have to set ALL the playists in that folder to "off-line" for them to show up when you apply this filter.

If you only set one playlist to "off-line"; that playlist is not shown.

I hope it is more clear now?

Bottemline: The filter is applied on a folder if ALL playlists in that folder are set to off-line. Otherwise these playlist are not shown.

Regards.

I'm experiencing the same thing here on my iPhone. Playlist that are not in a folder are shown when filtered, when a folder is completely filled with offline playslists, the playlists are shown too... However when a folder contains both offline en non-offline playlists, the offline playslists are not visible when filtered.

Hey,

Sorry for the late reply ... i was on holiday!

Is this forum being monitored by the Spotify-crew? Or do I need to create an official support request for this issue?

Regards,
Stephan.

I'll escalate this to the Spotify team. I'll chase back a reply on this.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Someone at Spotify was able to reproduce this bug themselves and the proper team at Spotify is looking into the problem. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts