Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Available Offline vs Saved

Available Offline vs Saved

Hi,

I'm a premium subscriber and wondering what the difference between “Save” and ”Available Offline” is: When I save an album, i.e. in the Spotfiy App on my mac, it will be instantly downloaded and made available offline on my iPhone, although I haven't ticked the “Available Offline” switch.

I thought saving something is different from making it available offline?

Thank you!

2 Replies

Hey @MCK1

Sorry for the late reply.

Yes, saving and available offline are 2 different things. 

When you save a song or an album, they are added to the song/album section (this is separate from playlists)

When you turn on the Available Offline switch, depending on where it's turned on, it will download the music of that section so that you can listen to it in offline.

If you are saving an album and it it's  automatically being downloaded for offline, go into the albums section and make sure you have not flipped the "available offline" switch for the entire section. If you turn on the switch there, it will turn it on for all albums. You can make it so only certain albums are downloaded and not all of them.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Question-

I'm trying to free up space on my phone. I just want to "save" music to my library so I can keep track of the albums/artists I'm listening to, but not have it downloaded to my phone. When I uncheck "download" in the album the songs still have a green arrow by them. 

Is there a way to just save the albums while not downloading them to your phone? Unclicking "download" isn't removing the download from my phone. 

Suggested posts