Premium

Country

UK

Device

Apple Watch Series 4

Operating System

WatchOS 7.1

My Question or Issue

When streaming podcasts direct from Apple Watch, now that this new feature is available, all podcasts stream fine except for BBC podcasts.

Is there a specific issue with BBC podcasts that prevents them streaming from the Apple Watch, even though you can stream them on an iPhone?

I saw a similar issue with the Garmin watch - not sure if this is related?

4 Replies

Hey there @kr_snail

Welcome to the Community! 

Would you mind checking if it happens over both WiFi and 3/4G, or only on one connection type? Additionally, let us know if you're getting any error messages when you want to stream that specific podcast.

On another note, could you try to log out > restart your watch > log back in?

Cheers - Keep us in the loop!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina, thanks for your reply.

I have re-installed the Spotify app on both iphone and apple watch, and also re-started the watch.

I can connfirm that the problem is happening on both wifi and celular.

When I select a BBC podcast from playlist of podcast menu, the watch moves to the "now playing" screen but it just says "Spotify" and the watch name at the top of the screen. The podcast name does not show and the controls grey out. As a result nothing will play.

Examples of the BBC podcasts where I have found the problem are:

- Desert Island Discs

- The Bottom Line

- Moral Maze

Thanks for your help!

Hey @kr_snail,

Thanks for getting back to us with the additional info.

Keep in mind that we're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music experience possible. So  it's possible that you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

We recommend that you always keep the app up to date with the latest version so you can make use of any new features and fixes as soon as they're made available.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue. My BBC podcasts won’t download to Apple Watch (series 😎 over both wifi and cellular. Spotify can you confirm if there is a resolution to this as it is has been a couple of years?

Suggested posts