Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BLACK screen after hitting green Spotify icon . . . On newest iPad

BLACK screen after hitting green Spotify icon . . . On newest iPad

DownloadedDownloaded the Spotify onto the new iPad yesterday, signed up for the 30-day freebie and subsequent Premium membership pursuant to the completion of that freebie.  Jammed big time all last night. Grabbed the iPad just a bit ago and prepared myself for a bit of Bring Me The Horizon, cranked up the Pad, hit the green Spotify icon, did the login thru Facebook, and found myself confronted with the Black Screen from Hell!  With the exception of the uppermost left hand corner where the iPad shines brightly, the time display in the center, the (currently)  100 percent power icon is all aglow, and in the lower left hand corner where the Spotify settings gear icon shines brightly, the entire screen is black! Having returned to the Spotify icon four or five times, turning the iPad off, waiting, turning it back on again several times, it has all been to no avail! Unlike my laptop or desktop, to my knowledge, I cannot just go in, pull up all the programs currently within the inner machinations, uninstall this version, then subsequently, reinstall another attempt of Spotify. Anyone encountered this disenchanting crap, more importantly, have any words of enlightenment conducive to the implementation of remedial measures?

3 Replies

Ok, so you are running the newest iPad and the newest iOS? Can you tell us the versions of iOS + Spotify. Spotify version "should" be seen in App Store.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I see/purchase this **bleep**, then do all I possibly can thru manuals/trial & error to operate and learn all the little goodies that are applicable to each individual piece of electronics. With this retina display iPad, as with everything else, I always keep all of the paperwork/manuals/users guides. W E L L, since my recent move last month, I cannot find any of that for the iPad, or even for the original iPad purchased back in '10. This one is maybe  3-1/2-5 months old, 64Gig, and I maxed it out @BestBuy getting everything  

available. Which iOS, I haven't the foggiest, unlike w/my laptop & desktop, I cannot go in here and see which program here & there I may have. I did not go to the "App" store to get this edition of Spotify. Went online to Spotify, downloaded, got the cute green icon, subscribed for their premium membership @ the fruition of the 30-day freebie. Hence, no idea which Spotify is apparently dead somewhere within thismiPad. Hell, I had no idea there were different versions--other than for different destinations (iPad, iPod, Sony, Dell, whatever, maybe). Can I contact Apple & find out what you need? GAAWWDD, forbid, how does this **bleep** happen? One evening/night of bangin' and the next day, nothin?!

EGADS! Having taken the time to actually look inside my iPad, I can actually offer the following: mine is as follows:

APPLE iPad iOS 5.1.1 4G 64GB+WiFi, tho I do not know which generation (as stated previously purchased new approx. 3-1/2-5 months ago. But wait, there's more . . .having actually taken the initiative to check my emails, I can also offer that the version of Spotify I downloaded 18 August was 0.5.4. I'm really not the computer ILLiterate, tho seemingly, not far above, huh? I also took the time to attempt going from the Spotify email and got the black screen, also went from the Apple email pertaining to the Spotify download, and ran into the black screen once again. Let's reflect, shall we? Yesterday was @ the end of a little 4-day wire run, and I do recall seeing a timer-type bar after I had hit a button of some sort during the abysmal entanglement I encountered attempting to just login to Spotify. In the second or two I saw it, as it ran the "bar" turned red. Could this mean that I killed it? I honestly do not know where where it was, but I do know that, to my knowledge, I did not cancel my account or current membership status. I even have to go back to Spotify and find out why in the Hades I cannot login there, I have to go to Facebook every time---another apology here, as this has nada to do with my incessant black screen. IS another solution just going back to Spotify and download it again, or would that give me another account, another $10 expenditure each month?

Suggested posts