Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BMW Connected Album Art Issue

BMW Connected Album Art Issue

So I have a 2014 BMW X5.

A iPhone 6 Plus.

A month ago I plugged in my iPhone via the USB cable in my dock and I was happy to see full Spotify intergraton on my iDrive.IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_0302.jpg

Then a few weeks ago after maybe the last update on 12.12.14 or a Carrier Update on my iPhone or some other reason I lost the album art. Everything else works perfictly but it does not display the art.

I've tried Pandora and Amazon Music, both display the Art.

Anyone having this issue??

My app version is 2.2.0.2464

Thanks

<script>// try{if (typeof(lpcurruser) == 'undefined') lpcurruser = ''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt') && document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value != '') { lpcurruser = document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value = ''; } if (typeof(lpcurrpass) == 'undefined') lpcurrpass=''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt') && document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value != '') { lpcurrpass = document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value = ''; } var lploc=1;var lponlyfill=1; if (lploc==3){ var lpdontsubmit=1; var _lpdoc=document; var _frm=_lpdoc.getElementById('js-login-form-email'); var _lu=_lpdoc.getElementById('login-username'); var _lp=_lpdoc.getElementById('login-password'); if (_frm && _lp && _lu) { if (_lu) _lu.value=lpcurruser; if (_lp) _lp.value=lpcurrpass; } if (!lponlyfill) { _lpdoc.getElementById('login-button-login-submit').click(); } } lpcurruser = ''; lpcurrpass = '';}catch(e){} // </script> <script>// try{if (typeof(lpcurruser) == 'undefined') lpcurruser = ''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt') && document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value != '') { lpcurruser = document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value = ''; } if (typeof(lpcurrpass) == 'undefined') lpcurrpass=''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt') && document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value != '') { lpcurrpass = document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value = ''; } var lploc=2;var lponlyfill=1; if (lploc==3){ var lpdontsubmit=1; var _lpdoc=document; var _frm=_lpdoc.getElementById('js-login-form-email'); var _lu=_lpdoc.getElementById('login-username'); var _lp=_lpdoc.getElementById('login-password'); if (_frm && _lp && _lu) { if (_lu) _lu.value=lpcurruser; if (_lp) _lp.value=lpcurrpass; } if (!lponlyfill) { _lpdoc.getElementById('login-button-login-submit').click(); } } lpcurruser = ''; lpcurrpass = '';}catch(e){} // </script>

<script>// try{if (typeof(lpcurruser) == 'undefined') lpcurruser = ''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt') && document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value != '') { lpcurruser = document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value = ''; } if (typeof(lpcurrpass) == 'undefined') lpcurrpass=''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt') && document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value != '') { lpcurrpass = document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value = ''; } var lploc=1;var lponlyfill=1; if (lploc==3){ var lpdontsubmit=1; var _lpdoc=document; var _frm=_lpdoc.getElementById('js-login-form-email'); var _lu=_lpdoc.getElementById('login-username'); var _lp=_lpdoc.getElementById('login-password'); if (_frm && _lp && _lu) { if (_lu) _lu.value=lpcurruser; if (_lp) _lp.value=lpcurrpass; } if (!lponlyfill) { _lpdoc.getElementById('login-button-login-submit').click(); } } lpcurruser = ''; lpcurrpass = '';}catch(e){} // </script> <script>// try{if (typeof(lpcurruser) == 'undefined') lpcurruser = ''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt') && document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value != '') { lpcurruser = document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurruserelt').value = ''; } if (typeof(lpcurrpass) == 'undefined') lpcurrpass=''; if (document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt') && document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value != '') { lpcurrpass = document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value; document.getElementById('lpcurrpasselt').value = ''; } var lploc=2;var lponlyfill=1; if (lploc==3){ var lpdontsubmit=1; var _lpdoc=document; var _frm=_lpdoc.getElementById('js-login-form-email'); var _lu=_lpdoc.getElementById('login-username'); var _lp=_lpdoc.getElementById('login-password'); if (_frm && _lp && _lu) { if (_lu) _lu.value=lpcurruser; if (_lp) _lp.value=lpcurrpass; } if (!lponlyfill) { _lpdoc.getElementById('login-button-login-submit').click(); } } lpcurruser = ''; lpcurrpass = '';}catch(e){} // </script>
53 Replies

Yeah! Sad that they don't fix it. i'm also now trying other services.

It's a shame, The Spotify service is good, but the bugs are taking too much
time to be fixed....

Funny, mine worked briefly with the last BETA of 8,3 and the latest Spotify, but then it stopped working again with the new 8,3 Public release. I also have a problem when selecting a new track. It kicks the phone of the USB system. Only in SPOTIFY!!!!  I don't drive cars long, so by the time this issue is fixed, It will be too late. This has now become an OCD thing with me. I al looking at Beats or Rhapsody?Pandora instead. Any suggestions? Its so sad that we get ignored with this problem for the last 5 months.....!!!!

I would like to know when Spotify will resolve this issue with the BMW Spotify connected will not display album artwork on the Idrive screen. Pandora works, even the new Iheartradio works and thats free! I am a paid subscriber on Spotify. If this issue is not resolved I mught have to cancel my subscription.

Thank You

the last update still didn't resolve the issue... What do we pay you for?

Ok - so a few days ago Spotify released version 3.0 of the app and now it won't even load anymore. When I start up,connected drive and try to launch spotify it opens and then crashes connected drive giving me a huge string of error code. Great work Spotify - the app just keeps getting better and better.

Hi Everyone,

I has the same problem, The Spotify crashes when i connect to my BMW....

The app isnt working as before.... what is happening Sptify?

I have the same problem here. Spotify for BMW Connected Drive stopped working this week. The app has always been a bit of a 'personality'  but now it just crashes and gives an error string on the phone screen. 

IMG_0805.PNG

Hi !

I dont know if it old news but here is what i find:

Hey guys!

Message from Spotify:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad/BMW-Connected-MINI-Connected-works-with-SPOTIF...

"Hey everyone, thanks for reporting this error message. We've got the right folks on the case and we've created an 'Ongoing Issue' post here to keep you all updated. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/Spotify_Bugs/article-id/5811

We will lock this thread and continue the discussion in the Ongoing Issues board. Thanks folks!"

The date is 5 May 2015 and I am getting this error in my car screen ...Pandora works fine.

PLEASE FIX THIS  it happened a year ago as well.

ie error instartwith completionblock

Johhnny

Same problem. After latest spotify update an error message pops up. Worked very well before (except I have the same issues with the album artwork but fortunately I then was able to control Spotify using BMW connected drive...). iPhone 6+ with latest iOS version, latest Spotify update (3.0) and 2014 BMW F11. Hope there will be an update of the Spotify app very soon which fixes the connection errors. For now the app is useless when driving :s

Same problema, Mini Cooper F56, sony xperia Z3 with Spotify last version, and not show the cover art with BT...

July of 2016 and have same issue on a 2012 E90, Album Art stuck in the first song. 

Latest Spotify version on a iPhone 6s, latest available iDrive update on BMW webpage. 
(Deezer works fine, thinking about change to Apple Music)

Same here. 2014 428i, installed the latest BMW update. Connecting iPhone 6s with ios 10 via bluetooth.

Pandora, Spotify and Amazon Music DOESN'T update album art after the first song. When I change the app, again, first one goes through then it gets stuck.

Only Apple Music works, but I hate the iTunes and not wanting to switch to Apple Music...

I'm curious how Apple got it working and others not...

Is it something that Spotify app can fix?

Suggested posts