Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BMW Connected Drive with iOS 12.1 and Spotify ver 8.4.90.684

Solved!

BMW Connected Drive with iOS 12.1 and Spotify ver 8.4.90.684

Hello

I have been using the Spotify with BMW Connected Drive integration
with my BMW F21 for many years now over USB Cable.

In the latest release of Spotify, my car do not detect Spotify App within Connected Drive. I am now only beeing able to play songs over USB as "External Device" in the menu and not whithin BMW Connected Drive. The Spotify App do not prompt me with the BMW Logo infront of the phone which was vissible when running in this mode. 

Is the support for my modell beeing removed or do we have an bug here?
I have tested by reinstalling the Spotify App, changing the USB cable, and with other Apple iPhones 8, 7 and 6. Same issue. What is going on here?

Without this feature I do not have access to my playlist, search for songs etc in my Console of my car. It is dangerous using the phone while driving so I want this feature back! I bought this car also due to this integration. Spotify please help!

Spotify app version:

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Car Modell
Modell: BMW F21 -118i

Year: 2015

Device

iPhone 6, 7, 8 and iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS 12.1

Best Regards

Horgster

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello All,

After upgrading to Spotify version 8.4.96.934 I got it work again.
The Green Spotify icon is back in the multimedia menu of ConnectedDrive!
Thanks Spotify!

For those of you whom are stil having this issue, try to uninstall the Spotify app and install it agian. 

Best Regards

Horgster

View solution in original post

13 Replies

I have the same issue. Very annoying. I only took a premium for the use of Spotify with IDrive. If the problem is not solved soon I will have no more use for Spotify.

Same issue here, not sure if it's version related as mine has failed since an unexpected software crash whilst driving, now I can no longer get the SPotify app to appear, it's been rock solid since i got the car 18 months ago...

It is a Spotify problem. They told me they were working on it, but I don’t believe. Napster and Deezer are working fine on BMW, so I will switch as soon as my Spotify subscription runs out at the end of the month.

Interesting... 

I just installed Deezer on my iphone whcih is connected via USB in the car, but I don't see a Deezer app appear in the media menu... is the integration the same for Deezer as Spotify, as in you see a Deezer app in the menu?

I think I spoke too soon. Just checked this morning and it seems that Deezer is not visible after connecting. This app, as Spotify, only works as an external device. I do not have a premium subscription of Deezer, so I do not know if this has anything to do with it. Napster however, works fine even without Premium.

Thanks for the update, I think normally you should see a Deezer app, so that sounds similar to the Spotify issue (personally I think my problem realtes to my reboot/reset of the system, but interesting I'm not the only one seeing problems...

I called BMW and they told me they're having technical issues with Connected Drive, when I asked them how an issue their end could affect my phone using USB locally to start an app they couldn't answer me!! lol

Typical (non)-answer from a Customer Service Department. Still, your issue could very well be the same. I read on different forums that the problems started after an update of Spotify. My BMW has not received an update for several years now. I also doubt that the problem is not high on the prioriy list of Spotify. I think a rather low number of Spotify users drive a BMW at the same time.

Did they tell you what sort of technical problems BMW has with their Connected Drive? Maybe there is a connection. Since we can not see the Spotify nor the Deezer app, although connected drive says the app is loaded.

No sorry mate, the 14 year old girl couldn't tell me what the nature of the problem is, or how it can affect something working loally in the car because "she isn't technical"

She did say that's it's been a issue for a few weeks and they're hoping itll be fixed this week though!

Crazy how suppliers can get away with this amount of bluffing!

Confirmed my issues isn't version specific, got an old iPhone 5 with the old IOS etc on it, still didn't work.

Latest update today. Spotify on Connected drive is working again.......Thanks Spotify....

Not working for me still...

Marked as solution

Hello All,

After upgrading to Spotify version 8.4.96.934 I got it work again.
The Green Spotify icon is back in the multimedia menu of ConnectedDrive!
Thanks Spotify!

For those of you whom are stil having this issue, try to uninstall the Spotify app and install it agian. 

Best Regards

Horgster

Updated, uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled, still nothing...

Suggested posts