Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BUG] Discover Weekly not remembering Likes & Dislikes

[BUG] Discover Weekly not remembering Likes & Dislikes

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6S

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

I believe I've found a bug in the Discover Weekly feature. Any indication of "like" and "dislike" that I make on my phone aren't recorded. When I "dislike" a song, it doesn't grey out the title or show the 🚫 symbol next to it, to indicate that I've disliked the song, and it also won't remember any selections I make of "like" and "dislike" either. Does that make sense?

This is a pretty new bug, and I updated to iOS 12 thinking it would perhaps fix it, but it didn't. The app is also up to date. Anyone else having his problem? 

3 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi Loxer,

Thanks for helping me out (again 🙂 )!

Restarting my phone didn't seem to do anything, but uninstalling and reinstalling the app seemed to fix the issue of not remembering whether I had liked or disliked a song. (For anyone who's found this thread while trying to troubleshoot their own problem, I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app BEFORE updating my phone, and that didn't work. So you might have to try updating your phone and then uninstalling/reinstalling the app.)

The change still doesn't show up visually (greyed out when I dislike a song), but it updates to my desktop app just fine, which is my priority!

I am running iOS 12.0 and Spotify 8.4.71.

Hey @anna_ka,

Haha, worlds a small place 😄

So now it takes the feedback you give to the DW but it won't reflect it to the UI elements, is that right?

If possible from your end, try signing in with another Spotify account, maybe one of your friend that has Premium.

I'd also suggest using Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices (the second one will remove downloaded songs from all your devices) options in your Spotify account page.

Hope it helps 🙂

SignOut_Everywhere_twitter.png

Suggested posts